Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

swingy game

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This is an enthralling match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Super Barney get in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

No one better at losing matches they should win.

Lewis in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

mdwexford wrote: »
    No one better at losing matches they should win.

Lewis in a nutshell.

Still has 2 world championships.

• Advertisement

how do u lose a game with a higher average and a much higher double finish madness

qwabercd wrote: »
    Still has 2 world championships.

His tournament wins for the talent he has are a joke.

He doesn't have the focus, motivation or will to win to match unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

How the fup did snackpot lose that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

His tournament wins for the talent he has are a joke.

He doesn't have the focus, motivation or will to win to match unfortunately.

Overall tournaments yes. But 2 world championships considering the talent thats there I wouldn't call below average.

Very frustrating player alright though. I'd say I'm in the minority in liking him but as said lack of focus kills him. He seems so concerned with being liked by the crowd but it'll never happen.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Overall tournaments yes. But 2 world championships considering the talent thats there I wouldn't call below average.

Very frustrating player alright though. I'd say I'm in the minority in liking him but as said lack of focus kills him. He seems so concerned with being liked by the crowd but it'll never happen.

Worlds are obviously very tough to win, especially these days. So two at 31 is very good and not many other players have or will achieve it.

He's my favourite player but he drives me insane throwing games away and playing at about 60% of his capabilities most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

SlickRic wrote: »
    He wasn't really slow.

Ade was at the mark as Barney started walking towards the board. Barney is being no slower than he normally he is.

He visibly slowed down after the first set. There's no rule against it but I'd rather he just played his own game.
    It's not the first time Barney has employed that tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

He visibly slowed down after the first set. There's no rule against it but I'd rather he just played his own game.
    It's not the first time Barney has employed that tactic.

As you say it not the first time he's done it so his opponent should be prepared for it!

TbL

As you say it not the first time he's done it so his opponent should be prepared for it!

TbL

Yep. Just saying it's something I don't like to see.

Ah I dont know FF, I think its different if your going really out of your way to rile someone but if it just takes an extra second or so of your time to do so will encourage it the behaviour.

I also didnt notice it myself but wouldnt say I was fully engaged. I did hear when the commentators mention. I just find darts commentators jump on all sorts of narratives to fill airtime. I dont think it was mentioned after the supposed drop dart. So if it was a tactic that was working why would Barney drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Try playing Pipe or Dolan, it would really get on your t×tsi.

Ah I dont know FF, I think its different if your going really out of your way to rile someone but if it just takes an extra second or so of your time to do so will encourage it the behaviour.

I also didnt notice it myself but wouldnt say I was fully engaged. I did hear when the commentators mention. I just find darts commentators jump on all sorts of narratives to fill airtime. I dont think it was mentioned after the supposed drop dart. So if it was a tactic that was working why would Barney drop it.

As I said, no rule against it, just don't like seeing players consciously slowing down to affect another players game.

Or that lad Gilding from the other night, mother of god!!!!!

TbL

TbL

Gilding takes the biscuit totally

TbL

All very slow and hard to get a rhythm against, but in fairness to them it's just the way they throw. Not a tactic to put the opponent off.

All very slow and hard to get a rhythm against, but in fairness to them it's just the way they throw. Not a tactic to put the opponent off.

That's fair enough but it also fairly painful to watch!!

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

One thing is being slow to throw like Pipe but another is how long Dolan takes to get to the oche and then the roll of eyes or the wave of an arm after he throws before ambling to the board to retrieve his darts. The actual throw is no slower than the rest. The other day he was playing Klaasen who had his darts retrieved and was back behind the oche before Dolan had approached it. That is being intentionally slow.

Not as slow as this fella however who beat Jocky by driving him insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Reckon Kim beats Taylor today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

D.Q wrote: »
    Reckon Kim beats Taylor today.

Has a chance, Taylor was very poor the other day. Kim was good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Has a chance, Taylor was very poor the other day. Kim was good

Don't see that, Taylor has to have one good game. Kim is playing well and his antics will annoy Taylor.:D

If Huybrechts plays as well as he did against Wilson he has a great chance. If he plays like he did against Hopp he will lose.

Taylor won't play as badly again as he did against Painter.

This afternoons game are very hard to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lol at gurney being called for the walk on when Webster was waitinvy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I'm waiting for the bosses daughter to feck off home early so I can stream the darts until it's time to go!

I have a soft spot for Webster, he's a real battler and I think he'll get the better of Gurney today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

gramar wrote: »
    Not as slow as this fella however who beat Jocky by driving him insane.

That video is both hilarious and a form of torture! :D

That video is both hilarious and a form of torture! :D

You could have a drink and a fag while you were waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gurney going nuts. Webster will win this

Advertisement