Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Quality of play over the last couple of sets has been pathetic by both. Very entertaining mind you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Nearest the bull to wrap it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Interview afterwards gonna be interesting, win or lose

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is farcical.. How did this lad get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Can't get to a telly, what's the craic?

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Awful darts but great entertainment

Crowd not impressed anyway. Can't say I blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mvg next for gurney? He'll destroy him

Pity Webster can't play for sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The craic was, Gurney acted a twat, couldn't hack the crowd and somehow won despite himself. He'd need to lift thon chin off the ground a bit and cheer up going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

that crowd near cost me a fortune! The Baxtards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The chap is a complete weirdo. Some seriously bizarre behaviour. You'd have to wonder about his mental state of mind.

KevIRL wrote: »

Just watching the interview... what an arrogant eejit. I'm no MVG fan either but would love to watch that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

What a nasty, nasty crowd. Made for some incredible tv, though. Good luck to Gurney in the next round.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just watching the interview... what an arrogant eejit. I'm no MVG fan either but would love to watch that :)

Gurney's a good player lets not get ahead of ourselves here, he acted out but that happens sometimes lots of pressure up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Everytime he went to collect his darts after throwing he had his head down feeling sorry for himself even after hitting 140's and 180's. He loves the attention.

KevIRL wrote: »

Dont think so, can see MVG winning a set or 2:p:D

Syferus wrote: »
    What a nasty, nasty crowd. Made for some incredible tv, though. Good luck to Gurney in the next round.

They're pure savages but you have to work with them not against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He made the cardinal mistake of reacting to the crowd. Very nearly cost him the match.

I like watching Gurney though, he's a great scorer. If he could get more consistent on the finishing he could be top 10 material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

They're pure savages but you have to work with them not against them.

Don't think I've seen an afternoon session so riled up, even before Gurney egged them on. They were putting serious pressure on every out shot by both players.

I don't often agree with Rod 'Arrington but he's right in saying the crowd is a nesscary evil. It's horrible on one level but it also adds an incredible level of drama to the sport at times and when you see the stale product the BDO produces you know it's the better option of the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Chizzy and Klassen both playing rubbish here.

Ye, standard worse than last game....

Klaasen always looks like he could have a 9 darter in him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

I dunno was pleased Gurney won in the end despite his antics at the end of the second set, there is a fine line between craic and intimidation the crowd should have a modicum of respect for the players,they went too far this time, although he didn't help himself by ignoring them at the end. Can you imagine the tut-tutting if it happened to Jokavic against Murray, or in any other individual sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Great win for Chizzy even if he made it harder than it should have been. The poor bastard suffered an awful bout of nerves.

patmac wrote: »
    I dunno was pleased Gurney won in the end despite his antics at the end of the second set, there is a fine line between craic and intimidation the crowd should have a modicum of respect for the players,they went too far this time, although he didn't help himself by ignoring them at the end. Can you imagine the tut-tutting if it happened to Jokavic against Murray, or in any other individual sport.

Not really the same thing though trying to compare Tennis and Darts.

Gurney's antics after winning the second leg deserved what he got. He'll have to learn to control the emotions up there or he'll never be able for the big boys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

would love to see smith play his best and beat wade

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Wade having a bit of mare so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

tops killing smith, he gets angry with himself too easily

• Advertisement

Smith';s scoring been unreal

Advertisement