Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Second part of the Anderson interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

what time will anderson be on later
    3rd match
    have to go see feckin santa lol

sc86 wrote: »
    what time will anderson be on later
    3rd match
    have to go see feckin santa lol

http://www.flashscore.com/darts/

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

This might be Peter Wrights big breakthrough year in terms of majors. He now has the experience of many finals and semi finals behind him. He seems to be very consistent and I doubt he fears anyone, even MVG. He just needs to find that extra percentage point or two to get him over the line and he's well capable of that.

MvG and Anderson will be favorites above him for the title but Wright is the best 'outsider' bet. Lewis is too far off form to be a contender this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

anti-venom wrote: »
    This might be Peter Wrights big breakthrough year in terms of majors. He now has the experience of many finals and semi finals behind him. He seems to be very consistent and I doubt he fears anyone, even MVG. He just needs to find that extra percentage point or two to get him over the line and he's well capable of that.

MvG and Anderson will be favorites above him for the title but Wright is the best 'outsider' bet. Lewis is too far off form to be a contender this year.

He's been at this the passed couple of years brings no form whatsoever into the event and then shows up with the a-game ,depending on the draw id say he will get to a Quarters at worst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

seanhynes wrote: »
    He's been at this the passed couple of years brings no form whatsoever into the event and then shows up with the a-game ,depending on the draw id say he will get to a Quarters at worst

He'll have to beat Barney to get to a quarter final, Barney also seems to always bring his A Game so I cant see it for Lewis.

Poxy quarter he is in too with Taylor a potential quarter final opponent if he somehow managed to get there and then MVG in a semi ... really is the toughest possible draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah I agree. Lewis finds consistency and motivation hard but this is the tournament that gets his juices flowing. Since 2011 his record is,

Winner
    Winner
    Quarters (lost 5-4 to MVG with a 100.80 average)
    Semis (lost 6-0 to MVG with a 99.19 average in a bizarre match)
    3rd round (lost 4-3 to Barney with a 97.55 average)
    Final (lost 7-5 to Anderson with a 100.23 average)

Nobody has a better record here in that timeframe.
    He has a nightmare draw and could have to beat Barney, Taylor, MVG and Ando to win it but 40/1 is a huge price for a player who saves his best for this tournament.

Wade at 40s in the easier bottom half looks a bit of value to me as well.
    Beaton and King look in his way to get to the quarters.

Taylor at 11s is my other bet, having a bit of time off with missing the last tv tournament might be just what he needed to prepare. Again though he's in the nightmare top half due to falling to number 4 in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. Lewis finds consistency and motivation hard but this is the tournament that gets his juices flowing. Since 2011 his record is,

Winner
    Winner
    Quarters (lost 5-4 to MVG with a 100.80 average)
    Semis (lost 6-0 to MVG with a 99.19 average in a bizarre match)
    3rd round (lost 4-3 to Barney with a 97.55 average)
    Final (lost 7-5 to Anderson with a 100.23 average)

Nobody has a better record here in that timeframe.
    He has a nightmare draw and could have to beat Barney, Taylor, MVG and Ando to win it but 40/1 is a huge price for a player who saves his best for this tournament.

Wade at 40s in the easier bottom half looks a bit of value to me as well.
    Beaton and King look in his way to get to the quarters.

Taylor at 11s is my other bet, having a bit of time off with missing the last tv tournament might be just what he needed to prepare. Again though he's in the nightmare top half due to falling to number 4 in the rankings.

The 40/1 on Lewis could be great value though because if he hits form with high averages he would be favourite against Barney and Taylor giving an opportunity to hedge. MVG will be heavy favourite over everyone but if he took care of him in a semi then he would probably be favourite against Anderson/Wade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Have a feeling for Lewis, he won't be afraid of Barney, MVG or Ando but if meets Taylor, I would worry, Taylor would probably be up to his antics n put him off his game..
    Otherwise, Lewis for me..

some great bets on paddy power

winner from quarter four 9 to 1
    anderson 6-1 to win
    wade to reach final 13 / 2
    straight forecast anderson win - mvg second 13 to 1
    9 darter 8/13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Barney is playing well coming into this one, would'nt be surprised Taylor came close to another one, been going under the radar the passed month or so, MVG i feel the sets format wont suit him as well as the leg set up,ridiculous year if he does pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

glad for kevin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

McGowan has settled down now and is playing well.

Bad start to the 3rd set. Missed put on breaking Lewis's throw and then had a terrible leg. I think he was barely under 200 after 15 darts.
    He wasn't much better there. No break either which maybe he needed.

Good leg there. If he holds throw he'll be 2-2 and in with a good shot.

Was it McGowan that gave Taylor a right rattle at World Champs a few years back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

raiders11 wrote: »
    Was it McGowan that gave Taylor a right rattle at World Champs a few years back?

Yeah it was. Mick got a blood disease that pretty much ruined his career. He is healthy again now though and fighting his way back.

That 15 in the last leg killed him with Lewis throwing a 180 straight after. Showed great nerve
    to hit back qith a 180 of his own but just fell short.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Hard luck Mick

Has Frosty had a few scoops?

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    Has Frosty had a few scoops?

Good job he didn't win that last set or could have been long night..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

The speed of throw by Evans is unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Holy **** Evans throws fast

Markers must be under pressure, lol..

Great game though..

2.18 seconds - 3 darts thrown and a 180
    wow

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

That was incredible, it was like he was just throwing the last dart away!

In all seriousness, 'Frosty the throw man' is surely the worst nickname that any darts player has had is it? Its horrific!

DCD162 wrote: »
    In all seriousness, 'Frosty the throw man' is surely the worst nickname that any darts player has had is it? Its horrific!

No way, nothing will ever beat Jan "The Coat" Dekker.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Kingp35 wrote: »
    No way, nothing will ever beat Jan "The Coat" Dekker.

Nothing beats Rene Eidams 'The Cube'. It's either the worst or the best, you decide. Suits him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

DCD162 wrote: »
    That was incredible, it was like he was just throwing the last dart away!

In all seriousness, 'Frosty the throw man' is surely the best nickname that any darts player has had is it? Its awesome!

Fyp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hendriks seems to be enjoying himself anyway

Warren Parry looks a lot older than 52

Advertisement