Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Degag wrote: »
    Taylor might interview badly but so does MvG. What did he say about Gurney, that he "only" beat Webster?

I actually like his honesty.

If he's playing a pudding he doesn't pretend it will be a close game the way most will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

MVG interviews well imo. Taylor on the other hand deary me.... he's asked about playing Barney next round and he starts rambling on about Lewis and how he thought he could win the worlds this year, absolute waffler, never mind the sh1t to Mardle. He needs to be called out for being such a plonker that's the nicest word I have for him!

Taylor's interview after his first round game where he pretended he had some new secret which had improved his game hugely was comical.

He just really can't take the fact he was so far ahead of the game for so long and he's just not anymore. There's no shame being his age and still being able to compete with the best players in the world on his day.

I'd actually love to see him win one more in the next few years and retire on the spot, he's the most dominant player in any sport ever and for that deserves insane respect.

On a side note, tomorrow's line up is sick, cannot wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Can't see Barney beating Taylor, Barney always seems intimidated by Taylor

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Can't see Barney beating Taylor, Barney always seems intimidated by Taylor

TbL

Very true on many occasions but who will ever forget the final in 2007, Barney will always have that one over Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hope barney wins. Barney has looked tremendous this year. Would like to see him win the whole thing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

nearly to the day 10 years ago of taylors famous rant about chris mason he reminds everybody what a spoilt child pig he really is

hope barney hammers him, then gets him to sign board

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

limnam wrote: »
    He's loaded and the best in the world at his sport?

What do you offer your missus?

In fairness to Kimmy and Dana they were already an item when he first showed up at the Worlds as an unseeded penniless no-mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tournament averages:

MVG 104.34
    Wright 102.55
    Anderson 102.14
    Van Barneveld 99.14
    Taylor 98.68
    Wade 95.75
    Chisnall 95.16
    Gurney 94.84

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Should Anderson be a bit peeved that he's on this afternoon rather than the evening session?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

lambayire wrote: »
    Should Anderson be a bit peeved that he's on this afternoon rather than the evening session?

I doubt he cares much. I'd say a lot of them would prefer the slightly quieter crowd.

Yeah I'd say Anderson is happier to be on earlier, seems the type that just want's to get on with it and get it done and dusted. I think he'll destroy Chisnall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say Anderson is happier to be on earlier, seems the type that just want's to get on with it and get it done and dusted. I think he'll destroy Chisnall.

If he plays like he did against van de Pas he will. Up with the best I've ever seen the first few sets. Chizzy can throw but he has very little self confidence up there and looks almost paralytic with nerves at times.

Close the doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

The lack of histrionics is refreshing here

Wade nicked that one, Wright will be kicking himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Johner wrote: »
    Wade nicked that one, Wright will be kicking himself.

Crowd not helping on that last dart

Bad mistake by Wright in that first set.

Crowd are getting annoying at the doubles jeering.

Beautiful 10 darter from Wright there.

Always crushes my soul a little to see a professional dart player splitting a double.

Surprised to see Wright do it.

He needed that set, break of throw was class.

• Advertisement

This game is warming up nicely.

Can see Wright getting another chance at a 9 darter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

come on Wadey baby!

My god that's a killer from Wade.

Wrights doubles haven't been near good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Class checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some finish for the set.

Fcuk me, that was unbelievable.

Wrights doubles aren't where they need to be, if he ups that he will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Go on Jimmy lad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Have a double on Wade and Barney to win their quarters, feeling cautiously optimistic now.:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That 155 check out is up there with the best you'll see. Wade doesn't have the scoring Power of the others but he gets under the skin of his opponent as he never gives up. Great to watch.

Advertisement