Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Hard to back against a 3 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I know Barney usually turns up against MVG, but I fear for him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Come on barney you can do it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

mdwexford wrote: »
    He isn't.

He just didn't play his best today.

Why don't you post anything else here only showing up to go on about Wright every few months.

He's the 3rd best player in the world by a fair margin. He just keeps running into MVG in finals. His time for a tv tournament will come, I guarantee it.

Nonsense.

Wright at his best can beat anyone.
    He's been to a final so he is clearly up to this level.

When I say at this level, I mean Anderson and MvG who are streets ahead of him.

He met Newton and Whitlock in the quarters and semis before his appearance in the final. It's not on the same level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Wright at his best can beat anyone.

Not if MvG and Anderson are at their best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I think Wayne made a very good point about Wright - he really struggled to put together the combination checkouts. He scored very highly, but when it came to switching on the checkout shots, he was rubbish.

Booing MVG already.

Very pro-Barney crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

When I say at this level, I mean Anderson and MvG who are streets ahead of him.

He met Newton and Whitlock in the quarters and semis before his appearance in the final. It's not on the same level

Streets ahead of him is hyperbole in the extreme.

He averages over 100 super consistently.
    They are ahead, but not by much.
    gramar wrote: »
    Not if MvG and Anderson are at their best.

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This guy was walking through crowd when Barneys song was on, did he turn around to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Really enjoyed the first semi. Gary really proved me wrong this year I didn't give him a hope best of luck to him tomorrow.

Hope Barney makes it through but he could also take a massive battering if mvg runs riot.

Don't understand giving Wright stick. Nice guy great player hope he does win a world title in the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The heart always says Barney. The head thinks Michael will win it 6-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Barney looking very relaxed.

Streets ahead of him is hyperbole in the extreme.

He averages over 100 super consistently.
    They are ahead, but not by much.

This is true.

Maybe a slight exaggeration but I don't think he has the game to beat either player in a semi or final. That scoreline was kind to him tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Barney looks unreal here! Hope he gets the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Nice set from Barney

Superb from Barney.

Love to see him average around 103 and see what Mighty Mike has in the locker under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Mvg playing crap enough at this comp so far not near as special as Anderson dunno how he was 4/7 with the form he's in to win outright earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

These breaks between sets is a pain in the hoop. Must be so annoying for the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

Wright is a case of the bridesmaid but never the bride, He's a top player but seems to always fall short near or at the final hurdle.

He has really only been at the very top level for the last two years and has overtaken Lewis, Wade,Taylor and Barneveld in the rankings. With another bit of improvement, he can challenge Anderson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

This guy was walking through crowd when Barneys song was on, did he turn around to do it again.

I presume you mean mvg?

They walk to the start of the walk on from behind or to the side of the main stage as the first guy reaches the stage,then wait to be introduced.

• Advertisement

Maybe a slight exaggeration but I don't think he has the game to beat either player in a semi or final. That scoreline was kind to him tonight.

Michael is super consistent but away from Ally Pally Gary can be hit and miss.

Ah sure we will see over the next few years if Wright can win a big one. I hope he does.

Michael is super consistent but away from Ally Pally Gary can be hit and miss.

Ah sure we will see over the next few years if Wright can win a big one. I hope he does.

Yeah, that's why I said on that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

great finish from barney to break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Jesus Barney

seanhynes wrote: »
    Mvg playing crap enough at this comp so far not near as special as Anderson dunno how he was 4/7 with the form he's in to win outright earlier today

Playing crap enough, genuinely the funniest thing I've seen on here.

Edit - his averages round by round are

If that's crap I don't know what you're expecting.

Barney laughing. And he's right to. He's been almost as good as he can be and he's lost the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Can Barney keep this up I wonder,i hope so for the sake of this match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great stuff Mvg. Barney threw some heavy punches and he responded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Unreal standard so far, Some bottle from MVG to take out 114 knowing if he missed Barney would in all probability go 2 sets up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

If MVG can continue in the form he finished that set in I think we will see Barney starting to falter

Advertisement