Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Stunning performance from mvg, it really is a joy to watch. Barney looked like someone who's heart has been broken in two, felt sorry for him.

Mvg will win tomorrow if he plays like that but I agree with Harrington, set play does suit the underdog if played right, Anderson has a knack of winning crucial legs when needed. Match could easily go to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Doesn't need to open up that much in fairness, it's quite uncomfortable listening to him talk that much about his family.He's won 5 world titles already so he's not exactly been a failure in the sport.
    There's no need to do it on TV.

The interviewer asked him questions about his family and what it all meant to him.

He gave honest answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

the best match the stage has ever seen and near the end they were booing some dude in the crowd away to the right,not even watching the game.

mind boggling stupidity

The crowd are a joke, ruining the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'll watch what I want and I'll comment on what I want and this is the darts forum so you can leave your soccer forum issues with me at the door.

If Fred Flintstone wants to talk about Barney he'll do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

SteM wrote: »
    This one that they sing at the football matches?

Don't take me home,
    Please don't take me home,
    I just don't wanna go to work,
    I wanna stay here and drink all the beer,
    Please don't,
    Please don't take me home...

Annoying as ****.

English and welsh fans at the euros started that one, it's caught on. That and yaya /kolo are a scourge, what I'd give to be going to that match tomorrow , I wonder would there be many touts outside the palace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'll watch what I want and I'll comment on what I want and this is the darts forum so you can leave your soccer forum issues with me at the door.

Pretty hypocritical for you to call Bornetobywilde out on his soccer forum posts and tell others to disregard that forum in here. Make up your mind which one you'll stick to and stop taking potshots at posters you don't like, makes you look a right fool.

• Site Banned Posts: 32 Streppy

"the crowd are ruining the game"

Been hearing and reading this for about 15 years now. If there was no crowd, the darts wouldn't exist. Go watch tennis if it bothers you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pretty terrible on the soccer forum too.
    Take your own advice Flint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

martyos121 wrote: »
    Pretty hypocritical for you to call Bornetobywilde out on his soccer forum posts and tell others to disregard that forum in here. Make up your mind which one you'll stick to and stop taking potshots at posters you don't like, makes you look a right fool.

I've no grudge match with BTW. MD has only posted in here about me. I've never even seen him in this forum before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I've no grudge match with BTW. MD has only posted in here about me. I've never even seen him in this forum before.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I would cut him some slack after a tough loss. It's immediatley after the game too.
    Rather listen to someone speak honestly than give token answers.

Pretty sure I was talking about Barney here.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I was talking about Barney here.

1 post. Fair play. I've no interest in talking to you so good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Lads, if ye want to talk about the darts fire away. There's plenty to be talking about, especially after tonight's matches!

If ye want to have a pop at each other about other forums take it to PM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭klose

*discovers darts forum*

Noice.!

That was sensational viewing tonight and a pleasure to watch it live. Mvg is like a robot almost he just nails the treble 20s like it's nobody's business. It's actually hard to put into words his performance it was that good, just a shame he didn't nail that double 12 for a 9 darter. Feel sorry for Barney game of his life probably and comfortably beaten if he played anyone else tonight he would have won soundly, heck if he played a normal playing mvg tonight he had a good chance alas mvg was god like in his throwing. Disappointed with peter wright in the first semi, never really got going his finishes absolutely deserted him tonight. Looking forward to the final should be a belter, surely mvg can't serve up a performance near that he gave tonight??

klose wrote: »
    *discovers darts forum*

Noice.!

That was sensational viewing tonight and a pleasure to watch it live. Mvg is like a robot almost he just nails the treble 20s like it's nobody's business. It's actually hard to put into words his performance it was that good, just a shame he didn't nail that double 12 for a 9 darter. Feel sorry for Barney game of his life probably and comfortably beaten if he played anyone else tonight he would have won soundly, heck if he played a normal playing mvg tonight he had a good chance alas mvg was god like in his throwing. Disappointed with peter wright in the first semi, never really got going his finishes absolutely deserted him tonight. Looking forward to the final should be a belter, surely mvg can't serve up a performance near that he gave tonight??

The amount of times I've said that to myself after a match in this tournament :pac:

Chizzy, Barney, Reyes, van de Pas... All had the game of their lives and still came up short against the big 2.
    It's been great to see their games being raised like that but they must be thinking it impossible to ever get to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭klose

Forgot the Reyes match yes, 106 average iirc and beaten again. Always watch the darts with the old fella and he can't believe how the standards keep improving each year.

klose wrote: »
    Forgot the Reyes match yes, 106 average iirc and beaten again. Always watch the darts with the old fella and he can't believe how the standards keep improving each year.

If tomorrow is anywhere near as good as Ando v MvG in the semis 2 years ago we are in for a cracker.

Just hope MvG doesn't have another of those performances like tonight in him consecutively or it's going to be one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Thought the crowd weren't too bad tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 38,461 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Awesome night of darts

Think MVG will win the final

MVG won't replicate tonight in the final anyway.

Anderson is playing fantastic and with a lot of confidence, he won't be giving up his title easily.

I think it'll go at least 7-5 either way if not all the way to a deciding set.

There's just no way it won't be a cracker, both playing too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Great performance from MVG. All the better for the 11/4 available for Anderson that I just took. Some price in a 2 horse race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Funny to read some rubbish out there about the wires being minimised year on year so that the beds are a bigger target since Hearn came in :o ,There's always some people with their conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sitting down to house of flying arrows,hope its decent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What was MvG's average for the semi-final?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

A new record for the World Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

A touch over 114. A new record. Think the commentator said the previous best average was a 111 from Phil Taylor 15 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pighead wrote: »
    A touch over 114. A new record. Think the commentator said the previous best average was a 111 from Phil Taylor 15 years ago.

They said it about twenty times. Poor Phil was probably sitting at home watching an American stream so he didn't have to listen to Mardle sticking the knife in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

mdwexford wrote: »
    MVG won't replicate tonight in the final anyway.

Anderson is playing fantastic and with a lot of confidence, he won't be giving up his title easily.

I think it'll go at least 7-5 either way if not all the way to a deciding set.

There's just no way it won't be a cracker, both playing too well.

Yea, hope it's a great match, looking forward to it.

Did you think Anderson missed a couple of doubles when the pressure was on?

There might also be the added weight of expectation on MVG given he hasn't won it in a couple of years

TbL

Jayop wrote: »
    They said it about twenty times. Poor Phil was probably sitting at home watching an American stream so he didn't have to listen to Mardle sticking the knife in.

I doubt he watched the last couple of sets at all :pac:

• Advertisement

Yea, hope it's a great match, looking forward to it.

Did you think Anderson missed a couple of doubles when the pressure was on?

There might also be the added weight of expectation on MVG given he hasn't won it in a couple of years

TbL

The final is usually a bit twitchy with so much on the line.

Apart from Taylor averaging 103 vs MVG the highest averages of the last few years have all been 100.xx

I think both of them will feel the pressure a bit tonight and miss some doubles. Whoever can hold it together best and put in big legs in those crucial 5th leg deciders will take it.

Advertisement