Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

Great win and well deserved, pity its for the ugliest trophy in sports ☺️

Back to work tomorrow ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The speed they both threw, two quite likeable players, great quality and any final that doesn't feature Taylor is fine by me. Terrific tournament, unbelievable standard and congrats to MVG, unstoppable this week.

Onto Channel 4 darts next where standard won't be same but still enjoyable!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Jesus, Anderson is such a nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭briany

Whoa, the nutter running onto the stage trying to grab the trophy and run off with it. For a second there it was almost, "And PDC world champion 2017.....random maniac!"

But a fantastic win for MVG, there. No-one can live with him when he's on form, end of discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

All over. Back out to the garage to throw 26's and 41's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The speed they both threw, two quite likeable players, great quality and any final that doesn't feature Taylor is fine by me. Terrific tournament, unbelievable standard and congrats to MVG, unstoppable this week.

Channel 4 ? Not BBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats to MVG

Bit scary how easy that guy got on the stage, what if he had a gun or something ?? I'd say the poor guy got a hiding of a lifetime when security got him outside (the guywill prob become a lad bible celeb lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

McG getting emotional.
    Probably best for some posters on here to turn off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Delighted for MvG as he's my favourite player, but feel for Gary. Great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Good man MVG. Lovely final interview.

• Advertisement

ITV you mean? Id imagine the PDC/BDO merger is a matter of time. Its a pity that the darts is hidden behind a paywall. Brilliant entertainment. Granted more and more is becoming available FTA.

Channel 4 ? Not BBC?

Yep, BBC let their contact expire.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Congrats to MVG

Bit scary how easy that guy got on the stage, what if he had a gun or something ?? I'd say the poor guy got a hiding of a lifetime when security got him outside (the guywill prob become a lad bible celeb lol)

Barry Hearn will give him the Chelsea smile? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Fantastic tournament really enjoyed it. Not even mad there was no nine darter. Standard at the top is getting better and better which only makes the future of darys stronger and stronger. Cheers lads, quite enjoy hanging around this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MD1990 wrote: »
    McG getting emotional.
    Probably best for some posters on here to turn off now.

My issue with Barney yesterday was him talking about how difficult he felt his life was. It had nothing to do with crying or getting emotional in itself.

I find it tough to sympathise with a millionaire sportsman's 'tough time of it' being away from family for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

It's a horrible looking trophy.The old one was much nicer.

It's a wonderful trophy, 6 cricket stumps and a football on top = darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Premier league line up being announced next?

ITV you mean? Id imagine the PDC/BDO merger is a matter of time. Its a pity that the darts is hidden behind a paywall. Brilliant entertainment. Granted more and more is becoming available FTA.

Channel 4, BDO have signed 2 year deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

SlickRic wrote: »
    My issue with Barney yesterday was him talking about how difficult he felt his life was. It had nothing to do with crying or getting emotional in itself.

I find it tough to sympathise with a millionaire sportsman's 'tough time of it' being away from family for a little while.

Sure if it wasn't that it would be the diabetes or his eyesight or his weight loss or too much travelling around the world.

• Advertisement

Christmas and new year are tough times to be away from your family, especially when you have kids and grand kids and do it year after year. That's all he was saying from what I can remember.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Degag wrote: »
    Premier league line up being announced next?

I heard him say that too. Didn't think it was tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Was that Taylor trying to run off with the trophy at the end?

They travel quite a bit and I suppose you miss out on kids growing up. Ive enormous respect for all of those dart players. Genuine entertainment provided

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Immediately after losing a game where some dart players practice 10 hours a day at stages of the year.
    Just because he is a millionaire doesnt mean he cant be bitterly disapointed and wonder was all the hours worth it.
    Money isnt everything .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭kittyeater102

Sure if it wasn't that it would be the diabetes or his eyesight or his weight loss or too much travelling around the world.

All things the average joe could go through minus the copious amounts of cash that softens the blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Was that Taylor trying to run off with the trophy at the end?

He was trying to steal the cash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I heard him say that too. Didn't think it was tonight.

It's always after the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Quick question do anybody know what or if they get any money for a 170 checkout as MVG had 2 and Whitlock 1 - do they get anything ?

• Advertisement

Channel 4, BDO have signed 2 year deal.

Itv advertised it the other day? must be just a highlights package of sorts?

Advertisement