Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Barney's performance was the highlight for me

MVG is the best player and deserving champion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Huybrects...twat..Michael Smith out. He never kicked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Premier League lineup is fairly predictable I see:

MVG
    Anderson
    Wright
    Lewis
    Taylor
    Barney
    Wade
    Chisnall
    Klaasen
    K. Huybrechts

Standard will be excellent anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

They travel quite a bit and I suppose you miss out on kids growing up. Ive enormous respect for all of those dart players. Genuine entertainment provided

They do get paid well enough to deal with it though.

I think a lot of people would sacrifice time with there families knowing they spend there time doing something they love and their family will never have to worry about money in their lives.

He could give up darts in the morning and be set for life and have all the time he wants with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hearn saying that Gurney was close to a PL spot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I wouldn't have put Huybrechts in. Would have preferred someone who hasn't been in it before like Benito Van de Pas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

kopite386 wrote: »
    Quick question do anybody know what or if they get any money for a 170 checkout as MVG had 2 and Whitlock 1 - do they get anything ?
    What was the bet - Did they back a 170 in the tournament? If so, yes they get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

kopite386 wrote: »
    Quick question do anybody know what or if they get any money for a 170 checkout as MVG had 2 and Whitlock 1 - do they get anything ?

Nope. £25K for a nine-darter but nothing for 170

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    Nope. £25K for a nine-darter but nothing for 170

Ah, my bad. Thought he was asking about some kind of bet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hearn saying that Gurney was close to a PL spot.

Surely on the basis that the Dublin and Belfast crowd will turn up and get pished rather than any real representation of ability...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gavlor wrote: »
    I think I might give darts a real go for 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ah yeah poor old 'Fleety.'

Got locked before the game and made a right show of himself. Hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Delighted that Van Gerwen won. Fully deserved. My head is splitting. Sick of listening to that Mardle tosser. He's an appalling commentator. Sid is still a huge loss

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Delighted that Van Gerwen won. Fully deserved. My head is splitting. Sick of listening to that Mardle tosser. He's an appalling commentator. Sid is still a huge loss

Sid talked some amount of rubbish as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Degag wrote: »
    Sid talked some amount of rubbish as well.

I was never a fan of Sid, talked utter nonsense the majority of the time.

• Site Banned Posts: 32 Streppy

As someone said, van de Pas should be in the Premier League instead of that Huybrechts tool.

The fistpumpometer will explode when himself and van Gerwen meet.

I must be in the minority in liking Mardle, he's enthusiastic but very knowledgeable as well. Part is the best by a long way, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I like Harrington & Part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Streppy wrote: »
    As someone said, van de Pas should be in the Premier League instead of that Huybrechts tool.

The fistpumpometer will explode when himself and van Gerwen meet.

I must be in the minority in liking Mardle, he's enthusiastic but very knowledgeable as well. Part is the best by a long way, though.

I'll join you in liking Mardle. I like his random outbursts and off the cuff remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

John Part is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With there being no top American darts player you can say the product might never get Americanised ???

I wonder is it more of the drink culture thing that darts is most popular in Europe/Australia ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With there being no top American darts player you can say the product might never get Americanised ???

I wonder is it more of the drink culture thing that darts is most popular in Europe/Australia ??

Strangely there seems to be the odd good Canadian springing up here and there. Part himself was a former finalist and world champion. Think Jeff Smith is also a Canook. Strange it never took off in America. They love their beer and pubs too im sure probably more than some European countries

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Strangely there seems to be the odd good Canadian springing up here and there. Part himself was a former finalist and world champion. Think Jeff Smith is also a Canook. Strange it never took off in America. They love their beer and pubs too im sure probably more than some European countries

Darts is one of the few world sports which is not so popular in the united states. Obv is is played over there as a few American TV shows/movies etc have dart references, boards are visible in the background etc but I doubt we will ever the see the day where the PDC hosts an event in Mansion Square Garden or the staple centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Darts is one of the few world sports which is not so popular in the united states. Obv is is played over there as a few American TV shows/movies etc have dart references, boards are visible in the background etc but I doubt we will ever the see the day where the PDC hosts an event in Mansion Square Garden or the staple centre

Most of America seen to play soft tip/on machines. It does seem strange that a country that size didn't have representative this year. Mind you a long way to travel for the pdc pro your.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That useless BDO guff is starting next Saturday. Don't think I'll bother. No Hankey this time either

That useless BDO guff is starting next Saturday. Don't think I'll bother. No Hankey this time either

Thats dying a death really. Surely its time for them to bite the bullet and merge with the PDC? I dont like the idea of darts hidden behind a paywall but the PDC has alot of tournaments on ITV now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Watching the BDO gives me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Watching the BDO gives me hope.

Fitton Waites Scott Mitchell all very good but way too many pub players in the BDO.

Fitton Waites should be in the pdc.

• Advertisement

Fitton Waites Scott Mitchell all very good but way too many pub players in the BDO.

Fitton Waites should be in the pdc.

Is it a case of lads in the BDO balancing darts with their full time roles up against the full time pros at the pdc who probably practice constantly?

Advertisement