Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Fitton Waites Scott Mitchell all very good but way too many pub players in the BDO.

Fitton Waites should be in the pdc.

Exactly,I'm a pub player haha...
    My comment more in jest than anything else.
    Plenty decent in the BDO.

Is it a case of lads in the BDO balancing darts with their full time roles up against the full time pros at the pdc who probably practice constantly?

I'd say more of a case the PDC poaching the best players from anywhere they can get them and paying enough to focus on darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fitton Waites Scott Mitchell all very good but way too many pub players in the BDO.

Fitton Waites should be in the pdc.

Glen Durrant has been excellent this year also.

Scott Waites is never going to go, they really wanted him after he won the Grandslam in 2010. It's rumoured that Hearn even offered him a 2011 Premier League spot but he declined the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Good enough for the twat.

405302.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭klose

The way mvg turned it up several notches after 2 legs a piece in the semi and final was crazy, he pretty much waltzed off into the sunset from the 5th set onwards. Crazy how Barney and Anderson were reduced to pretty much checking out on their first attempts mvg played so well. Darts is over and back to work, looking forward to the premier league now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Just seen this video of the lad getting on stage, 2 of them involved, was easy enough done:eek::eek:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDartsNews/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

considering there have been at least two big tennis stars stabbed its kinda insane they got up so easy, imagine if he had sliced into a players throwing hand or shoulder. lessons need to be learned from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭klose

It was one of those troll/prank lame YouTube accounts. I immediately thought it was that "comedian" that threw all that fake money at sepp blatter last year. Anything for views on YouTube or followers on twitter these days social media is tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

MvG should have let fly with one of his darts as he passed in front of him.

Trollstation should have known better with the current climate of terror attacks and a city like London being a potential target to be hit again.

The ignorant muppet can count himself lucky that all he got was a concussion.

• Advertisement

Trollstation should have known better with the current climate of terror attacks and a city like London being a potential target to be hit again.

Lucky it wasn't Colin Lloyd or he'd have gotten a box in the chops for himself although it appears he got a few of those from security after!

gramar wrote: »
    Lucky it wasn't Colin Lloyd or he'd have gotten a box in the chops for himself although it appears he got a few of those from security after!

Not even the board is safe when Jaws is on the oche. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Amazing tournament overall, records broken all over the place.
    The final ended up being a bit of a let down for me despite a record number of 180's etc. There were no big finishes from Gary & once MVG went ahead it was inevitable what was going to happen.
    It's nearly got to the stage where MVG is just too good. Barney & Gary played serious darts and Barney with that 109 avg played the game of his life...but still somehow ends up being hammered & questioning if he's good enough anymore!

BDO coming up, and usually I never watch it. But i am off work for a few weeks due to an injury so I might have to for once to pass the daytime viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Wonder if Rune David is playing this year. The guy that threw the dart into the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Had to google what that was.

Fcuking gimps, lob him in jail for a few years and they'll give it up fast enough.

gary didnt have any ton plus finish
    not like him at all

sc86 wrote: »
    gary didnt have any ton plus finish
    not like him at all

Surprised at that but the thing is, he was mostly under the pressure of having to take them out. MvG was so often waiting on a 2 dart finish while Gary was upwards of 120 on his own throw.

It's different when your opponent is also upwards of 120. MvG just turned the screw so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

squadro wrote: »
    Wonder if Rune David is playing this year. The guy that threw the dart into the floor.

The referee's reaction was priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNDv78Ze-zQ

Surprised at that but the thing is, he was mostly under the pressure of having to take them out. MvG was so often waiting on a 2 dart finish while Gary was upwards of 120 on his own throw.

It's different when your opponent is also upwards of 120. MvG just turned the screw so much.

he missed alot of crucial ton plus outs when mvg was on a single dart finish
    when it was other way round mvg took them out
    alot were in important legs
    think mvg had 6 ton plus outs

• Advertisement

Scroll down here for a heap of stats from the final and the previous rounds of Anderson and MvG.

squadro wrote: »

Didn't qualify this year.

That happened to me once in a league game. Went down to 19s and the dart didn't release properly. Threw into the wall below the board, high embarrassing and very disconcerting.

That's how dartitis can start.

I think I have congenital dartitis :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭aled

i do not watch darts as a norm. But gary anderson vs mvg. it was a dream final and simply astounding to watch. MVG is simply incredible. I honestly believe we will never see a final like that ever again. The 180s just kept ratcheting up. There are no words to describe how brilliant these two guys are

i think people calling it a poor final are either new to it the last few years or forget the taylor era finals in the 00s
    1 side whitewash was the norm
    who could forget the part sheppard final - awfull stuff

since 2011 we have been spoiled with good pdc finals generally
    sunday was comfortable for mvg in the end but great standard

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

who could forget the part sheppard final - awfull stuff

How in Gods name did Kirk Shepherd make the final in 08? If he had won it surely would have been one of the biggest upsets in sport history? :D

it was 1 of the worst championships in history
    mardle knocked out taylor in 1/4s - looked like it was his year
    then lost in semi

sheppard was jammy as hell - survived a lot of match darts again him through the rounds if i remember correct
    and hes a tool

it was 1 of the worst championships in history
    mardle knocked out taylor in 1/4s - looked like it was his year
    then lost in semi

sheppard was jammy as hell - survived a lot of match darts again him through the rounds if i remember correct
    and hes a tool

What happened to sheppard after that he just disappeared?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

gitzy16v wrote: »

He lost his sheep...

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

gitzy16v wrote: »

He lost his tour card. Currently ranked 203.

Advertisement