Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2017

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

1 tournament wonder if ever i saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That was a weird tournament in 2008. A lot of the big guns went out early and Sheppard just seemed to ride his luck without ever really playing exceptionally well. I don't think he averaged above 90 all tournament.

Mardle should have won it that year. Bottled his semi against Sheppard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

That was a weird tournament in 2008. A lot of the big guns went out early and Sheppard just seemed to ride his luck without ever really playing exceptionally well. I don't think he averaged above 90 all tournament.

Mardle should have won it that year. Bottled his semi against Sheppard.
    He wouldn't have beaten the Big Man. Part had clutch and Mardle had a fancy shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Is Reyes going to play more on the Dutch or UK circuit this year?

Is Reyes going to play more on the Dutch or UK circuit this year?

The man from Tenerife?

He holds a full PDC Card. The problem for him is the travel. The majority of the Pro tour floor events are in GB. You need to be based in Britain to make a real go of it.

European events operate also but the ranking points are not the same.

They run qualifiers for the majors, so there is a chance of guys like Reyes qualifying for Majors like the World Matchplay, Gran Prix, Grand Slam.

He'll always qualify for the World's because he is the best player in his region.

• Advertisement

He wouldn't have beaten the Big Man. Part had clutch and Mardle had a fancy shirt.

Went into the Darts Hall of Fame last Wednesday at the PDC Awards Dinner. A three time World Champion.

1994: Bobby George. BDO World.

2003: Phil Taylor.

2008: Kirk Sheppard.

The gentleman of Darts and the best commentator in the world. John Part.

hated part as a player, wasnt great to watch but great at grinding out a win

was shocked at how nice a person he is
    best darts commentator on sky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

sc86 wrote: »

Always liked Part, mentally tough and an excellent player.

Also he a great commentator

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

They run qualifiers for the majors, so there is a chance of guys like Reyes qualifying for Majors like the World Matchplay, Gran Prix, Grand Slam.

He'll always qualify for the World's because he is the best player in his region.

Reyes did qualify for the world's this year based on his ranking, he was the 32nd seed. Though that was only because Kyle Anderson wasn't able to play in the tournament.

crazy how people like wes newton and andy hamilton have gone from premier league to nobodys in only a few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Paul Nicholson is another player who disappeared

ye won the players champ in what 2010 ?
    wwas tellin taylor he was takin over lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Bit of a fool that lad IMO, another mason

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

sc86 wrote: »

Part is a very good commentator apart from when they make him go to the ad break and he panics...... Come back to see...... if this match...... will reach a conclusion...... which of course it will....... but you can see if it is sooner..... or later... after this break.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Paul Nicholson is another player who disappeared

Isnt he commentating on the BDO world championships now? I thought I heard him over the weekend and actually sounded entertaining enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

DCD162 wrote: »
    Isnt he commentating on the BDO world championships now? I thought I heard him over the weekend and actually sounded entertaining enough!

He's there at the lakeside commentating on some of the games. He's not that bad to be fair to him. Tells a few stories and knows the game and is fairly articulate. Always came across as a bit of a knob so hard to shake that preconception off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

He has about an inch of makeup on him too. Looks ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

He has about an inch of makeup on him too. Looks ridiculous.

Nicholson? I thought Mason looked like he did alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

gramar wrote: »
    Nicholson? I thought Mason looked like he did alright.

Yeah he does. He looks like something out of Madame Tussaud's.

Advertisement