Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wiping a Nintendo Wii

• 28-11-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm not great when it comes to gaming technology. We have a Nintendo Wii at home which we've had for years and got great use out of. But it isn't being used anymore and I was thinking of selling it and all the bits and pieces that go with it. However do we have to wipe the memory of the Wii? Otherwise if someone bought it wouldn't all our Mii's be on it and our progress on the games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm not great when it comes to gaming technology. We have a Nintendo Wii at home which we've had for years and got great use out of. But it isn't being used anymore and I was thinking of selling it and all the bits and pieces that go with it. However do we have to wipe the memory of the Wii? Otherwise if someone bought it wouldn't all our Mii's be on it and our progress on the games?

I was going to make a joke about using Pledge to wipe your Wii. But, nevermind. It's not something I've had to do before as I don't sell on my Nintendo stuff.

Anyway, follow this video.

How to return your Nintendo Wii back to factory defaults

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4IXXLFFSMM

I hope that helps.

Edit: I'm going to replace that video with something better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah thanks for that. I'll look at it when I'm home to try it out.
    It could actually do with a bit of a wipe down with Pledge also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wouldn't get a whole lot for a Wii these days. Better keeping it.

Wouldn't get a whole lot for a Wii these days. Better keeping it.
    Ah I know! But it's taking up space in the back room and Santa might be bringing a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ah I know! But it's taking up space in the back room and Santa might be bringing a PS4.

Fair enough so. Any cool games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

Are you selling the Wii U? I am looking for the Mariokart Wii U boxed, good condition preowned.

PM me if you are interested in selling :)

Sorry it was a normal wii and we sold it the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

Sorry it was a normal wii and we sold it the other day.

Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement