Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 and Wifi Card

Options
  • 28-11-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking at the HKC Wifi card for my Q70 central unit as a way to control the alarm and receive notifications from my smartphone.

I have seen contradictory information on the forum about this add-on which holds me off buying it.
    In addition to the HKC SecureComm price (7.99€), does it also require a monthly fee?

I see it does for the text service with the GSM card but here it should be only involving my own router and the mobile app, so I don't see what justifies a monthly fee in that case.
    Can I purchase and install it myself (I know the procedure and have the installer code) or does it require a on-site intervention? 

If there is well a monthly fee, then I would consider moving to a less greedy brand, like Siemens, GSD or Risco. But then, would the HKC wireless sensors be compatible with these brands?

Thank you very much in advance

Advertisement