Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spammers posting in Calendar app?

Options
  • 28-11-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I've started getting weird notifications for Ray Ban sunglasses from some Chinese spammer in my Calendar app. If I click on it, it doesn't allow me to just delete it. It gives 3 options to accept/maybe/deny but obviously, if I choose any of those options, this will alert the spammer that my iCloud email address is correct.

I've tried to find a solution but I can't see how to delete the notification without it sending data back.

Has anyone else had this problems and resolved it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

There's loads of details on the solution online (do a google search) but in essence you need to do the following:
    1) log into iCloud via a computer and go to your Calendar
    2) create a new calendar option called "spam" (most people already have 2 options called work and home)
    3) relabel the offending invite under the "spam" label
    4) delete the "spam" calendar
    5) while in the iCloud account go to settings in Calendar and select the option for invites to come as an email rather than direct to the app (this should avoid future spam invites)

Edit: I.e., pretty much what is in the link posted above

Advertisement