Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Ink cartridge refills

Options
  • 28-11-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me with this. I go through a lot of ink and normally refill cartridges with no problems but lately the cartridges wont work when they have been refilled. (Also I recently bought a new printer). I read on here that cartridges now have chips on them that the printer can read and know when the cartridge has been refilled.

Is there anyway of working around this, anything I can do with the cartridges or do I have to keep buying new cartridges. If so, can anyone recommend cheaper cartridges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

HP are notorious for this. A recent 'timed' firmware change caused OEM cartridges to fail. Manufactures are always playing catch-up with HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Is there any way to actually block the firmware updates from downloading?

Advertisement