Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't watch video even with disabled Ad Blocker

Options
  • 28-11-2016 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭

Trying to watch a video on the RTE player, won't work. It said it is incompatible with ad blocker. The only problem is my ad blocker has been switched off so their is no reason why it should not be player. Any suggestions, need help. The only other possibility is to turn off the computer and switch it back on except that is not a long term good plan since this has become a recurring theme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,674 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What browser are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Internet Explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Assuming windows. Check task manager for adblock process which may still be running.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,674 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Internet Explorer is obsolete, doubt it will run ad blocker properly, if you want to stay with Microsoft go with Edge browser, otherwise I'd recommend Firefox or Chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Internet Explorer is obsolete, doubt it will run ad blocker properly, if you want to stay with Microsoft go with Edge browser, otherwise I'd recommend Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

I'm trying to watch program on RTE using Firefox. I went into RTE player and clicked disable on this page and disable on rte.ie, bit player still says that "computer seems to be running adblocker. In fact I couldnt find adblocker so I downloaded it and used this version on Firefox toolbar.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

also have this problem even with adblocker disabled. if its not live you are looking for, try the xl player...
    http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/#s=home

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jaguar240

Thanks I'll try that option

Advertisement