Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Need A Shopping List .....

• 28-11-2016 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

:o Forgive me. I've googled, wikied and amazoned. I'm still struggling. I'm extremely Newb ~ sorry.

On my PS2, I had Finest Hour and Big Red One.

On my PS3, I've had MW3, Ghosts and Black Ops.

I Love COD and want to play what I've missed. In retro. But; Which would they be, please? I've found ~ and added to my wish list:

Call of Duty 3

World at War

Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 4

Advanced Warfare

Black Op's 2 & 3.

Am I missing anything? Only, I'd like to start with the earliest and work my way through what ever I haven't played yet. But, the above list does my head in. Where's 'COD 1 & 2'? 'Modern Warfare 1'? Do they exist? Maybe they're just not listed on Amazon UK :confused:

Thanks, in advance, to anyone willing to treat me like a human being :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Colinoh

First cod games were on PC, for console it was CoD4 Modern warfare then world at war, then instead of CoD5 they just called it Modern Warfare 2,
    then black ops,
    modern warfare 3,
    black ops 2
    then ghosts
    then advanced warfare,
    black ops 3
    and now infinite warfare

Mind you, I could be completely wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Stigura

Cheers for that, Colin. I'm still completely f**king confused! :P

I think I'll try to dig out the release dates of that World At War one, and COD3. I guess I can pretty much take it from there, then. I just have this thing about doing things in order, where possible.

Probably send for those two, today, anyway. Messing around with Hitman, at the moment. I don't find that as gratifying as a nice bit of mindless violence though :D

Well, I think I have them in the right order. I stopped playing Cod after MW3 and only bought the new version so I could get the remastered CoD4.
    The Modern Warfare stories play into one another so they should be played in order.
    World at War is WW2 (dubya dubya two) game, it was brilliant online but I remember zero about the single player story.
    I played the first Black Ops on pc. It was based around the Cold war and it was quite good.
    I got Ghosts when the PS4 launched, It's alright online but I never finished the story mode.
    I cant really comment on any of the others as I've never played them.

If you only have a PS3 you can still play the Modern Warfare series at least. The story is very good, if a little short. But then again these games weren't produced for their story mode.

Okay! (God, that was confusing!) I reckon I have it sussed:

COD3 ~2006
    COD3(MW) ~ 2007
    COD4(MW) ~ 2007
    WAW ~ 2008
    MW2 ~ 2009
    COD4(MW2) ~ 2009

I think that'll about do it, for now. The rest BO2, etc) I can deal with.

Why though did they make it all so bloody convoluted?!

Anyway, what the hell. I've just sent for COD3 and COD4/MW :D

Stigura wrote: »
    Why though did they make it all so bloody convoluted?!

I'm not sure about now but MW was created by Activison and WAW and BO were made by Tryarch. Different studios produced the different games and it seemed to flipflop between the two studios each year.
    Thats why they aren't in order.

Shower of troublesome basterds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Im not seeing Call of Duty 2 on the list. It was set during WW2 and was massive online. I used to play it on the 360. Im nearly sure it was a launch title.

Colinoh wrote: »
    Shower of troublesome basterds!

HighFives.gif

pcuser wrote: »
    Im not seeing Call of Duty 2 on the list. It was set during WW2 and was massive online. I used to play it on the 360. Im nearly sure it was a launch title.

" 360 "? Is that not an " XBox "? Sorry. I genuinely have no idea about the relationship between those, PS's and the actual games :confused:

What I do know is that I haven't seen a COD2 on Amazon. Hell! I just googled it, and, yes ..... Ahhhhh! Yes! 2005. Only available for XBox or computery things! Can't get it for PS3.

At least, now, we've sorted this much out and a future search may find it, for any other behind the times old farts such as myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Sorry Stigura,

Yes the xbox 360. I never realized Call Of Duty 2 was an xbox exclusive.

Advertisement