Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour De Celeb Channel 5

Options
  • 28-11-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

Yep it's on now! 7pm on channel 5 on Mondays. 5 celebs train for the etape d tour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yep it's on now! 7pm on channel 5 on Mondays. 5 celebs train for the etape d tour.

Channel 5 has disappeared off my sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Seemed lke a bunch of whingers to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

shaka wrote: »
    Channel 5 has disappeared off my sky box

Easy enough to add through your services button on the sky remote. Google will give you all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Yeah and celebs? I've heard of Jodi Kidd, but the rest of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yeah and celebs? I've heard of Jodi Kidd, but the rest of them?
    Bit like that jungle thing so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i enjoyed it,

at least they were doing something challenging instead of eating insects

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Only remembered to watch a couple of them. Sure it'll be repeated on the Channel 5 extra channels. Darren Gough and Austin Healy were cyclists after my own heart on one of the episodes I saw - going on the lash the night before a hard spin! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Isnt that all 'celebs'?
    They always make out what they are doing is a hardship, no matter how miniscule, usually forgetting the fact they have military invasion style back up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

No Channel 5 here (Virgin media), but enjoying Mickey Flanagan's Detour de France re-run as a bit of chilled low key viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

They're supposed to whinge so that folks can watch them and complain about them giving out. Or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I watched it last night the one thing that stood out for me was the fact that they all finished! not one of them was outside the time limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Bit weird that and the official site was 146km yet the program said they were doing 122km.
    I would have thought walking up the joux plane would have taken a while !.
    And how did the one who couldn't make it round a hairpin 2 days before make it down 3 huge alpine descents. Either there was play acting for the cameras or we weren't shown some of it. (Cynic hat on there)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Bit weird that and the official site was 146km yet the program said they were doing 122km.

Col de Ramaz was taken out of the Etape route on the day before due to fears of rock falls - thus overall length went from 146 to 122 km.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

smacl wrote: »
    No Channel 5 here (Virgin media), but enjoying Mickey Flanagan's Detour de France re-run as a bit of chilled low key viewing.

not a bad show but I just can't watch it due to Mickey Flanagan. Awful

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

dogsears wrote: »
    Col de Ramaz was taken out of the Etape route on the day before due to fears of rock falls - thus overall length went from 146 to 122 km.

It was still a damn hard ride - the temperature on the Joux Plane that afternoon was high as I recall.

You can check their race numbers (pretty sure some of them were visible) against the Etape website if you care to...

Advertisement