Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic wardens?

Options
  • 28-11-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭

do traffic wardens work on Sundays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looking at the free for all illegal parking on Sundays in the city, I suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Just because its free to park on a Sunday it doesnt mean you can park willy nilly.

Ive seen Gardai issue fines to illegally parked cars on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Looking at the free for all illegal parking on Sundays in the city, I suspect not.

They usually are in the run up to Christmas. Yesterday was a surprisingly early start for them. Lots of tickets handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

They usually are in the run up to Christmas. Yesterday was a surprisingly early start for them. Lots of tickets handed out.

yeah i got a ticket yday - didn't think they worked sundays.. grr..

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

sporina wrote: »

Out of curiousity why did you get a fine. Were you parked somewhere you shouldn't be.

• Advertisement

Out of curiousity why did you get a fine. Were you parked somewhere you shouldn't be.

the fine was warranted

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

the fine was warranted

Fair enough I suppose. I was just wondering were they being overly harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Free parking on Sundays, but bylaws and restrictions still apply.

Fair enough I suppose. I was just wondering were they being overly harsh.

no my Q was if they worked on sundays - I wasn't aware that they did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Good to hear there are some wardens out n about on Sundays

Some of the parking on plazas and pedestrian areas is dangerous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

A lot of signs will say that you can park on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

were you legally parked but without a disc, or were you on a yellow line or somewhere you should not be parked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

yenom wrote: »
    A lot of signs will say that you can park on Sundays.
    The OP admitted that they were illegally parked unfortunately for them.

ravima wrote: »
    were you legally parked but without a disc, or were you on a yellow line or somewhere you should not be parked?

why do you ask?

ravima wrote: »

No discs on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Shame they don't clamp down in Douglas! Where I live one of the business owners constantly parks on a double yellow (and buys a parking disc) at the exit to my estate and never gets a parking ticket.

Makes it extremely dangerous when I leave my place as it is on a one way street and I have to be half way across the road before I can see oncoming cars :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw 3 cars parked in the taxi rank outside porters on Sunday and of course the motorcycle rank at the end of the mall was full of cars and they all got tickets.

ofcork wrote: »
    Saw 3 cars parked in the taxi rank outside porters on Sunday and of course the motorcycle rank at the end of the mall was full of cars and they all got tickets.

Brilliant! Wish they would check on Sat nights also. The cars parked right at the end used to stick out so much that they were on the verge of blocking the right most driving lane completely. Muppets!

The situation on the Coal Quay plaza has improved I think but still there are a few ignorant pr***s that park on the footpath outside that carpet store to the right of Cornstore.

That shower who own Cafe Velo seem to think they are exempt from the parking laws also. You'll often see a couple of cars hopped up on the footpath at the side of the cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Maybe if there was ample parking in town, there wouldn't be such a need for the ¢unts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Plenty of parking available if people did it properly and stopped being lazy you still annoyed by the Douglas road incident.

Maybe if there was ample parking in town, there wouldn't be such a need for the ¢unts.

No excuse for parking illegally ever! Plenty of on-street parking, car parks and also the park and ride in cork.

Worst excuse has got to be "I was only there for a minute" ..... ummm and that makes it right?! :rolleyes:

kingtut wrote: »
    No excuse for parking illegally ever! Plenty of on-street parking, car parks and also the park and ride in cork.

Worst excuse has got to be "I was only there for a minute" ..... ummm and that makes it right?! :rolleyes:

ha ha I wonder who you work for???:p:p:p

I was guilty in this situation but I have won 3 previous appeals over getting parking fines.. NO EXCUSE for handing out unwarranted fines either!!

ha ha I wonder who you work for???:p:p:p

I was guilty in this situation but I have won 3 previous appeals over getting parking fines.. NO EXCUSE for handing out unwarranted fines either!!

I don't work for the council if that is what you mean ;) and if a fine is unwarranted then by all means appeal.

Love to know why a fine would be unwarranted though? Surely it's black or white when it comes to someone being parked legally or illegally?

On a kind of related note, if a warden puts a fine on your window and some randomer removes it I wonder if you can claim you never got it and perhaps get out of the fine? Food for thought :P

I don't work for the council if that is what you mean ;) and if a fine is unwarranted then by all means appeal.

Love to know why a fine would be unwarranted though? Surely it's black or white when it comes to someone being parked legally or illegally?

once is was for parking in a loading bay that was not marked as so.. another it was cos my disc was dated as valid till 2020 - their mistake not mine... the last one was for allegedly parking on a double yellow line - which it was not in fact so..; thank god for camera phones..
    On a kind of related note, if a warden puts a fine on your window and some randomer removes it I wonder if you can claim you never got it and perhaps get out of the fine? Food for thought :P

what odds would that make? you get the fine in the post anyway.. not got it yet mind you.. but I am sure it will come..

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Where would u park to pick something heavy up from TKMax a) the loading bay b) the disabled parking spots or c) on the footpath
    These are the options - there is no parking anywhere on Cornmarket St.

once is was for parking in a loading bay that was not marked as so.. another it was cos my disc was dated as valid till 2020 - their mistake not mine... the last one was for allegedly parking on a double yellow line - which it was not in fact so..; thank god for camera phones..

Wonder why the warden would say it's a loading bay if it isn't ? Normally these are very clearly marked. Perhaps he / she was trying to reach their daily quota lol
    what odds would that make? you get the fine in the post anyway.. not got it yet mind you.. but I am sure it will come..

I forgot that you also get notification in the post oops :D *removes idiot hat*

Wonder why the warden would say it's a loading bay if it isn't ? Normally these are very clearly marked. Perhaps he / she was trying to reach their daily quota lol

it was NOT clearly marked - I proved so and hence I won the appeal

• Advertisement

I forgot that you also get notification in the post oops :D *removes idiot hat*

you prob never got a fine as you are so particular about parking yourself so you would not be in the know i guess..

Advertisement