Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic wardens?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Can a car park in a loading bay if the purpose is for loading?
    Is there an official grace period the warden must give eg 5 or 10 mins (& would it apply to a loading bay)?
    Does the warden have to put an actual ticket on the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

sporina wrote: »
    kingtut wrote: »
    Wonder why the warden would say it's a loading bay if it isn't ? Normally these are very clearly marked. Perhaps he / she was trying to reach their daily quota lol

it was NOT clearly marked - I proved so and hence I won the appeal

Nice one! The council are dicks at the best of times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Can a car park in a loading bay if the purpose is for loading?
    Is there an official grace period the warden must give eg 5 or 10 mins (& would it apply to a loading bay)?
    Does the warden have to put an actual ticket on the car?

Loading bays are for the use of commercially taxed vehicles only during normal hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Loading bays are for the use of commercially taxed vehicles only during normal hours.

And outside of normal hours what is the story? I tend to stay away from them to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

AFAIK they don't have to put tickets on the cars now fill in the details on their handheld and fine in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

kcb wrote: »
    And outside of normal hours what is the story? I tend to stay away from them to be safe!

They can be use as normal parking spaces, I think.

On Saturday loading bays can be used as a disc parking space.

sporina wrote: »
    you prob never got a fine as you are so particular about parking yourself so you would not be in the know i guess..

No I got a fine once (parked in a taxi spot) so I'm far from perfect :D
    I'm just not sure how a loading bay is not a loading bay? Only reason I can think of is that the road markings are so warn that they are virtually unreadable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

kingtut wrote: »
    No I got a fine once (parked in a taxi spot) so I'm far from perfect :D
    I'm just not sure how a loading bay is not a loading bay? Only reason I can think of is that the road markings are so warn that they are virtually unreadable.
    you will have to think a bit more outside the box so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

ofcork wrote: »
    AFAIK they don't have to put tickets on the cars now fill in the details on their handheld and fine in the post.

I saw the wardens putting tickets on cars a couple of Sundays back, a load of angry mass go,ers were reading them after mass.

• Advertisement

farmerjj wrote: »
    I saw the wardens putting tickets on cars a couple of Sundays back, a load of angry mass go,ers were reading them after mass.

I thought mass go-ers and GAA folk were allowed park where they wanted, no?

I thought mass go-ers and GAA folk were allowed park where they wanted, no?

Oh white mass go,ers just by the look of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

A merc was double parked in the middle of North Main Street on Sunday. Blocking two legally parked cars. 2 guards were standing waiting for the owner to come back for about 45 mins, he/she never came back it was towed away. First time I've seen a car towed in the city in years!

And plenty of tickets given out on Sunday cars parked in the taxi ranks and motorcycle parking on the mall again.

And plenty of tickets given out on Sunday cars parked in the taxi ranks and motorcycle parking on the mall again.

Sadly only for xmas, come January you won't see a warden outside of paid parking hours.

There should be an app in which citizens could upload photos and details of illegally parked cars, to allow fines be processed without wardens having to walk the streets.

A selfie with the car would be optional! But it would rub it in nicely!

There should be an app in which citizens could upload photos and details of illegally parked cars, to allow fines be processed without wardens having to walk the streets.

A selfie with the car would be optional! But it would rub it in nicely!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Busyness1

They usually are in the run up to Christmas. Yesterday was a surprisingly early start for them. Lots of tickets handed out.

Oh those cheeky monkeys!

Parking all over the shop today turned right from bridge onto union quay cars parked right up to the corner hope they were ticketed.

There was a line of cars parked on double yellow across from Sober Lane - all got tickets from a warden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Saw 3 wardens walking separately around the south mall and the quay today. Proper order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Maybe if there was ample parking in town, there wouldn't be such a need for the ¢unts.
    5 multi storey car parks and a park-and-ride system. Hardly sparce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

5 multi storey car parks and a park-and-ride system. Hardly sparce.
    There is ample multi storey cark parks, all day car parks, and the park and ride.
    For those wanting to park on the streets, it's become quite difficult. There's less spaces these days, Oliver Plunkett Street (and side streets) spaces can be inaccessible at times, and it seems that there is more people in the city with cars (so have parking permits that take up available parking).
    People have to adopt to it. Or in a lot of cases they don't access the city that much due to the issues or travel to Mahon Point instead.

Regardless of how many legal parking spaces there are there is never an excuse for parking illegally. The majority of the time doing so blocks access or prevents people needed certain types of spaces from getting them (disabled, loading etc).

The illegal parkers are pig-ignorant f*ckers and I wish they got tickets all year round not just at Christmas!

King tut stop holding your feelings back, let us know what you really feel;-)

farmerjj wrote: »
    King tut stop holding your feelings back, let us know what you really feel;-)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Parking all over the shop today turned right from bridge onto union quay cars parked right up to the corner hope they were ticketed.

I sure did - first time parking illegally would you believe - no issues paying a fine as I was in the wrong on double yellow lines - that said, for the safety of my own car, I wouldn't have parked ahead of where I did with cars swinging in. I was effectively underneath the parking sign but that's on yellow lines.

I think they should raise the fine to 50/60 tbh

Did you actually get a ticket on the car so that parking was crazy though someone comes up the quay and I couldn't swing in blocking traffic behind me.No Garda at the entrance to the multi storey on grand parade either traffic causing jams queuing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yeah ticket on the car - like I said, zero issue with it, was in the wrong. Didn't notice it til I was halfway down the road, saw it flapping in the wind....was hoping it was a flier :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement