Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast for 24 hours

• 28-11-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, 

I'm gonna head to Belfast at the start of January with my girlfriend. We're only gonna be there for a day cause we've a limted timescale so I was wondering, what could we do in Belfast? We're getting the train from Dublin, is it easy to get around Belfast on foot? How far is the city from the train station? Would appreciate any bit of advice, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Hi lads, 
    I'm gonna head to Belfast at the start of January with my girlfriend. We're only gonna be there for a day cause we've a limted timescale so I was wondering, what could we do in Belfast? We're getting the train from Dublin, is it easy to get around Belfast on foot? How far is the city from the bus station? Would appreciate any bit of advice, thanks!

Bus station is literally smack bang in the city centre

I did a bus tour of Belfast once it was a great way to get the history of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Cheers mate! I meant the train station haha! I'll keep the bus tour in mind thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Cheers mate! I meant the train station haha! I'll keep the bus tour in mind thanks!

Train station is my be a ten minute walk from donegal square which is city centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

24 hours is kind of limited, but if you're interested in history and the history of the troubles etc, you could take a black taxi tour for a few hours in the morning. It'll take you to both sides of the city and the drivers are exceptionally knowledgeable, and are always good craic. After that you could head to the Crumlin Road Gaol for some lunch in the restaurant and take the tour. Perhaps then maybe the Titanic exhibition.

Beware of opening hours for the titanic though. I think its only open from 10am - 5pm that time of year.

Am currently living in Belfast, so any other questions, feel free to ask or PM me :)

Advertisement