Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a mortgage with a Non-permanent job

Options
  • 28-11-2016 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi everyone, I need some advices for mortgages.

I am wondering which bank/lender will give mortgage to people with a job under a fix-term contract(2 or 3 years). I have a bit of savings and I have already asked AIB and I got a negative answer from them, not sure about other banks....

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Try a broker. It might help if you have a good employment record.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It may depend on the industry and how employable you are.
    I know KBC worked for a few people I know on contracts, but showing good previous employment record in a strong industry (IT) was key.

There's a lot of people working like you, and they so get mortgages.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Is it by yourself or with a significant other? Myself and my fella went to EBS, he (was) in a permanent job and I was in a contract job for 2 years at that stage, and your man said as long as I had contracts to show it was steady work then it was grand. On your own though I'm not so sure you'd get many favourable responses unfortunately :( We're both in contract jobs now so didn't go back to even ask.. we should do just to see what they would say.

I had no issue getting approval from KBC and my contracts are only one year at a time but I have a good few years in the same place and in an area that being on contracts is very common for the first few years.

Advertisement