Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting site valued - confused

Options
  • 28-11-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

So, have our full planning, want to start building asap. In the middle of finding solicitors/engineers/getting site valued.

Sent a load of emails over the weekend as I knew I couldn't make calls etc today and wanted to get the ball rolling.

Received a reply today from the valuers saying seeing as you have been gifted the site, that she will value the site lower as opposed to higher........

Can someone shed some light on this? Im confused.

Apologies if this is in the wrong area !

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nickypicky wrote: »
    So, have our full planning, want to start building asap. In the middle of finding solicitors/engineers/getting site valued.

Sent a load of emails over the weekend as I knew I couldn't make calls etc today and wanted to get the ball rolling.

Received a reply today from the valuers saying seeing as you have been gifted the site, that she will value the site lower as opposed to higher........

Can someone shed some light on this? Im confused.

Apologies if this is in the wrong area !

Tax implications?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

You're going to have to pay stamp duty on the value. 2% of the value ....keep it low

Advertisement