Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathnew to Bray south -leaving at 8am

• 29-11-2016 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

If I have to leave Rathnew at 8 to get to Bray south (Boghall) how long should I expect the journey to be.
    I've had a look at Google maps and can see if fee back roads that will bring me to the top of Windgates but not sure if they will be as bad as the n11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

How long is a piece of string? It could be anything from 30 minutes to over an hour depending on whether there was an accident or not. Glen of the Downs to Kilmac is always busy but can stretch further back. Then the exit to Bray south is busy too. Leaving at 8 from Rathnew you will be lucky to get to the Boghall road before 9. And usually if the N11 is busy then the other routes, like through Greystones or the Roundwood road, are busy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Using backroads would get you stuck in bad school traffic. Yes Winegates can often be as bad if not worse than the N11.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Couple of days per week I drop my son off at the Grand Hotel @ 7:55, usually in Cherrywood by 8:40/45.
    But normally after 8:30 going past the Kilcroney exit.
    One potential option is to continue to the Fassaroe exit and the head back and up the Herbert Rd - but not sure how busy Kilbride lane would be getting through the lights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    One potential option is to continue to the Fassaroe exit and the head back and up the Herbert Rd - but not sure how busy Kilbride lane would be getting through the lights.
    Those lights are the bane of my life. The green phase only lasts about 15-20 seconds sometimes, and combine that with Killarney Rd. traffic blocking the junction, it can take 4 or 5 cycles sometimes to get through from Herbert Rd. to cross over to go down Boghall Rd. You'd almost be as quick going further along Herbert Rd. to either Killarney Lane, or even King Edward Rd. and doubling back on yourself sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Couple of days per week I drop my son off at the Grand Hotel @ 7:55, usually in Cherrywood by 8:40/45.
    But normally after 8:30 going past the Kilcroney exit.

If you were to go Fassaroe exit then you'd be quicker going down Dargle Road, and up Main street, traffic is not that bad at that hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement