Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning received

Options
  • 29-11-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello moderators, I recently received a warning on a Nova Noise thread as I questioned why one user had repeatedly accused a Radio station of fixing a competition without any proof of same and of now accusing the latest winners of the competition of collusion and some form of dishonest behaviour.

I received a warning from a moderator contributing to the thread but the post I received the warning for did not abuse the poster. As per guidelines, I asked said moderator directly what was wrong with the supposedly bad post but the issue was not resolved.

I have since reported the thread for it's continued unfounded accusations against the station and the latest winners (who are personally known to me) who are being slandered but have not yet received a reply. A similar previous thread about this competition was closed after similar comments.

Thanks in advance for your help in finding a resolution to the warning and perhaps the contents of that thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Has the moderator responded to your PMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Thank you for your response. Yes, the moderator responded and suggested I look for resolution here.

And just to add, the false comments are still being made on the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for confirming that the mod has been in touch with you. As per the process outlined above, I have asked the Entertainment CMods to review this dispute. Hopefully one of them will be able to pick this up shortly.

Please note that this dispute is concerned with your actions only, and the sanction that has been applied against you. The actions are other posters is not discussed here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hi Iyverbird1. Can you post links to the posts in questions for review?

Also who was the mod you've been engaged with?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

This is a link to the thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057642371&page=20
    Posts 293,295 and 296 are three of the particular posts that state/imply the contest was fixed or a fake. One of these posts was made by the moderator in question, Hullabaloo.
    My reply advising that the contest was not a fix was deleted while the unfounded and untrue posts remained.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,611 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

lyverbird1 wrote: »
    This is a link to the thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057642371&page=20
    Posts 293,295 and 296 are three of the particular posts that state/imply the contest was fixed or a fake. One of these posts was made by the moderator in question, Hullabaloo.
    My reply advising that the contest was not a fix was deleted while the unfounded and untrue posts remained.

Thanks. Let me look into it and revert

Hello again and apologies for the delay completing this review. There seems to be quite a lot going on in the forum even beyond the thread.

In this instance I'm going to uphold the mod decision as it was prudent to nip things in the bud.

However there are some learnings from the wider issue that I'll take back to the team for review.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Marking as resolved as its over a month now with no reply. OP if you wish to pursue this please report the thread or contact the admin team to reopen for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement