Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bristow Sacked by Sky Sports

• 29-11-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭

Bristow has been sacked by Sky after his tweets about the ongoing sex abuse stories in Soccer coming out over the last few days.
    I was watching this last night on twitter and knew there would be backlash today over it.
    The only good thing is we no longer have to listen to him but his comments were stupid and dark age stuff.

http://www.the42.ie/eric-bristow-tweets-dropped-sky-sports-3108477-Nov2016/?utm_source=twitter_self

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rotten comments from a rotten man.

Never liked his analysis/commentary anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Deserved to be sacked. What idiotic comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

an absolute turd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Good riddance.

Hopefully one of the footballers will bump into him and then we'll see what sort of man he is.

Prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bristow has always been brutally honest. Gone too far this time though.

I'd say a lot of the BDO boys he eviscerated last month will be having a little chuckle at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Double Post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Could never understand his mumbling.

Thank god he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good riddance. Absolute idiot and impossible to understand his mumbling. More Part now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Definitely desrved for his comments If only mardle would do something like this I'd be much happier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I kinda liked his commentary because there was always a sense that he was close to saying something absolutely beyond the pale - from memory he came close once or twice when commentating on some of the WC preliminary games involving obscure players from Asia. Sometimes I thought his co-commentator might have given him a dig to warn him to reign it in!

I almost feel robbed that when it finally happened that it was in tweet form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭statto25

Christ Bristow is on Good Morning Britain defending those tweets. Missed the start but it's a calamity of an interview. Piers Morgan is ripping into him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,081 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fond of the gargle I'd say, somebody take the phone off him, idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Think it...say it to someone in a pub...but don't tweet about it if you want to keep your job on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,081 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ripped to shreads is right

What an arsehole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What an arsehole

Piers Morgan or Bristow?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Piers Morgan or Bristow?

Why not both?

Advertisement