Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Fitness Trackers

Options
  • 29-11-2016 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either the Pebble 2 +HR or the Fitbit Blaze and had any thoughts on how they compare.

I'm looking for a watch that combines fitness tracking and smart watch capabilities but doesn't break the bank.

From reading the online reviews it appears the Pebble is a good smart watch but not a brilliant fitness tracker whilst the opposite appears true of the Fitbit, but from what I can see, recent software/firmware upgrades for each of them has improved both of their weak points.

So looking for the opinion of someone who has used them regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Fitbit just bought Pebble so something interesting might come from that. Poor Pebble though, the golden boy of kickstarter. Shame they could never make an attractive, premium feeling device.

I use Fitbit charge HR. It's never going to have as accurate a HR monitor as a chest strap but it's fine if you're not using it as a medical device or professionally. I find the fitbit charge (first gen anyway) series to be very poorly made, and break/fall apart within a year. If you buy it, get it from somewhere with good warranties as you'll be returning it. I can't speak about the Blaze but maybe you can find good reviews on Youtube (jimsreviewroom is quite good)

Advertisement