Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shell & core office fit out

Options
  • 29-11-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I am currently looking at renting office space for my new business.
    Most of the buildings around me ( north county dublin) are "Shell & Core" with fit out up to the renter.

Office space required around 1,000 ft2 with bathroom, 3 offices & reception required internally.

I am trying to get my head around the costs but would appreciate info from anyone that has done this themselves recently.

What would be rough ball park figures for average quality finish ?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wobbie10 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I am currently looking at renting office space for my new business.
    Most of the buildings around me ( north county dublin) are "Shell & Core" with fit out up to the renter.

Office space required around 1,000 ft2 with bathroom, 3 offices & reception required internally.

I am trying to get my head around the costs but would appreciate info from anyone that has done this themselves recently.

What would be rough ball park figures for average quality finish ?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Budget for Fire Cert for your layout, DAC also.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

Fire cert is on my list but DAC ?

Fire cert is on my list but DAC ?

Disability Access Certificate.
    Basically Part M compliant, access, inner circulation, wash/toilet facilities.
    Typically the Fire Cert and DAC are lodged at the same time, its cheap that way (€500 App Fee instead of €800).

also, have you checked that the use granted planning is ok for the use that you want to carry out?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

Thanks for the info above.

The planning is in place for the use that we require. Its just that the figures i am getting from people are way way apart.
    The RIAI has the cost for shell fit out to average / good level at €2,000 per m2 !!!!!!!!

I'd build something from scratch for that price..

Others (landlord) telling me that €50,000 ie €500 per m2 would do a good job.

I know its all down to detail, finish etc but when none of this information exists its very confusing.

Thanks

Thanks for the info above.

The planning is in place for the use that we require. Its just that the figures i am getting from people are way way apart.
    The RIAI has the cost for shell fit out to average / good level at €2,000 per m2 !!!!!!!!

I'd build something from scratch for that price..

Others (landlord) telling me that €50,000 ie €500 per m2 would do a good job.

I know its all down to detail, finish etc but when none of this information exists its very confusing.

Thanks

the information does exist. You have to select the finish you want and get a QS to prepare a BoQ, and then tender it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement