Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with expensive fishing rod

Options
  • 29-11-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.
    A couple of weeks ago, I purchased a very expensive, (€400), major Craft Truzer TZS-962ML 10-30g bass lure rod from Tackle4all online. On its second outing, the tip section snapped when a light bass lure hit it. Unfortunately, my experience of my new Major Craft rod and the response of the supplier and Major Craft company themselves hasn't been so positive.

Tackle4all are refusing to replace the section unless I pay them €120. Despite several emails and messenger posts to Major Craft parent company, I haven't received any communication from them. Their UK distributor, to be fair, did respond to my mail to him, pointing out that tackle4all are not based in the UK, so they can't help.

I do not accept that what happened amounts to anything other than normal usage, and a rod of the supposed quality and expense as a Truzer should be well able to withstand the occasional encounter with a lure. The predicament I have is that, even if I were to pay €120 for a replacement tip, how can I have any confidence that the same won't happen again, after spending a phenomenal €520 on a single rod?

This, in my opinion, is dreadful customer service from both Major Craft, and tackle4all. I wonder has anyone on here had a similar experience, and/or any advice on my next course of action?

Regards.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: More of a Consumer Issue, moving to relevant forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

have you given up on seller and manufacturer? Im not sure you should give up so easily. d

but next step would be Econsumer.gov.

tackle4all.com is registered to an australian company possibly a 3rd party ; im going to assume they are non EUbased, and this does dilute your rights considerably.

Registrant Organization Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
    Registrant City Nobby Beach
    Registrant State/Province Queensland
    Registrant Postal Code QLD 4218
    Registrant Country AU
    Registrant Phone +45.36946676

distance selling regs

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

If the trader is based outside the EU, you can direct your complaint to Econsumer.gov after you have tried to solve the problem directly with the seller. Econsumer.gov also tries to protect consumers from internet scams.

Advertisement