Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns the parts?

Options
  • 29-11-2016 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Pretty miffed that my insurance company has gone against me as what was clearly a 50%/50% accident. Anyway life goes on. My wing mirror was hit, cracked the casing and lost the glass, all replace by myself. Other driver has claimed 1K worth of damages. Now there is nothing I can do but cough up. My question is they are replacing the front wing of his jeep, a Land Rover Discovery. Slight dent, not paint broken. If I am paying for the damage, can I ask the insurance for the wing they are replacing? Friend if mine reckons its worth at least 300 to 400, do I actually own the part as I am financing the repair?

Thanks,
    Dinging.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Dinging wrote: »
    Pretty miffed that my insurance company has gone against me as what was clearly a 50%/50% accident. Anyway life goes on. My wing mirror was hit, cracked the casing and lost the glass, all replace by myself. Other driver has claimed 1K worth of damages. Now there is nothing I can do but cough up. My question is they are replacing the front wing of his jeep, a Land Rover Discovery. Slight dent, not paint broken. If I am paying for the damage, can I ask the insurance for the wing they are replacing? Friend if mine reckons its worth at least 300 to 400, do I actually own the part as I am financing the repair?

Thanks,
    Dinging.

Simple answer is no you don't own the part and have no claim to it. You are not purchasing the old part, simply you are paying for the new part/repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Dinging

Wow that was fast and thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Dinging wrote:

Your insurance company is paying for it ....you would nearly be better off paying the 1K yourself .... you won't be able to move insurance companies for a while

Advertisement