Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain bike handlebar height question

Options
  • 29-11-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I recently bought a 27.5 hardtail mountain bike. I'm 6ft 2" so I went for the largest bike available on the model I bought which is a large. I have quite a high seat height it's 82cm. My saddle is sitting higher the handle bars and when on the bike I feel I am leaning forward, its nothing major but a bit more up right would be more comfortable.

Just wondering would my best option be to fit a riser bar? Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

You can either fit a riser bar or an angled stem ... too much of either looks horrible!!
    Bar height is a personal choice on a mountain bike depending on preference. Personally I usually keep them at approximately the same height except on the XC bike where the bars are a little lower!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

C3PO wrote: »
    You can either fit a riser bar or an angled stem ... too much of either looks horrible!!
    Bar height is a personal choice on a mountain bike depending on preference. Personally I usually keep them at approximately the same height except on the XC bike where the bars are a little lower!

I suppose it would be more of a XC bike so it's probably setup right.

Advertisement