Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Island

Options
  • 29-11-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Anyone know whats going into the big unit down past harvey norman in Eastgate retail park ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

....these guys are opening in LI soon

https://www.therange.co.uk/

presume it's them.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

They look very interesting, there seem to be an aldi/lidl type trolley bay outside it, thought it could be either. I'm looking forward to seeing "the range" though thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

You're welcome.

Nowt to do with Little Island, but did I hear that Lidl got PP for the site opp. Aldi in Wilton? Traffic will be absolutely bedlam if this is going ahead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

little island could badly do with an aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

HairMare wrote: »
    little island could badly do with an aldi

Think the block OP is on about was originally meant to be a Tesco wasnt it? As said all the trolley bays were there and everything. But I agree, a supermarket of some sort would be welcomed in LI. They badly need to sort out a traffic plan though, should be a priority to build a slip road onto the motorway, its crazy trying to get off the island at 5pm weekdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

There were plans submitted for an Aldi/lidl type store recently, but it was refused due to the spar being there already. But there's new plans for the exact same thing to be newly built in the car park to the side of Harvey Norman, which I imagine will be refused as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Is this place opened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Open with a week I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

Official opening takes place at 9am on Friday.
    Prizes, balloons, 96FM, etc.

Advertisement