Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EFL Cup QF: Liverpool v Leeds, 7.45 Sky Sports 1

Comments

We have mugged Leeds in fairness, they played very well.

Hope they don't allow another before full time. Was pleasantly surprised by their competence, can take something from the performance and continue the run in the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well taken goal in fairness, I know it mightn't have been really difficult but really smashed it, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well taken goal in fairness, I know it mightn't have been really difficult but really smashed it, fair play.

Lovely ball from Average, immediately before the assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just having a little fun with people not getting jokes and the like.......

Ha...well done....as I didn't get it.

I must keep up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool's youngest goal scorer is now real :)

On 29 November 2016, Woodburn came with his tits out on as a substitute for Liverpool's EFL Cup quarterfinal against Leeds United. He scored to make the score 2-0 to Liverpool. It was his first goal with Liverpool's First Team, making him Liverpool's youngest goalscorer at 17 years and 44 days.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Woodburn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Nice to see Michael Owen lose a record.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Emre Can pissing about like a drunk at a wedding.

Ah here he's not Rooney!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was working at double quick pace for the last 10 mins! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Aloe vera should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I was going to edit Mellor's or Pongolles later & just change names. Recreativo could be Welsh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

3 clean sheets in a row......

Nice one.

Never really got out of 2nd gear. Lovely pieces of play for both goals though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

2 goals and a clean sheet.

We're spoiled so we are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How happy is that young fella. I ****en love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That'll do. Thought we'd get another 3 or 4 though but good result for a 2nd/3rd string side.

Tonight was a decent experience for a club like Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

3 clean sheets in a row......

Which means Linda's next ones surely won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Harry 'Multitabs' Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

We have mugged Leeds in fairness, they played very well.

Absolutely. Liverpool looked completely average and bailed out by the post and then a mistake by the keeper for the first goal.

Leeds were missing their talisman centre back tonight and that eventually showed.

I'm very happy with the performance. Leeds played with no fear and possibly with an eye on a bigger game at the weekend. No shame in the result and a clear indication it's only a matter of when rather than if that we'll be back in the Premiership.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That'll do. Thought we'd get another 3 or 4 though but good result for a 2nd/3rd string side.

3 or 4 goals? At what point did Liverpool look like scoring another 3 goals?
    Tonight was a decent experience for a club like Leeds.

What do you mean here? Please elaborate on this.

quarryman wrote: »
    No shame in the result and a clear indication it's only a matter of when rather than if that we'll be back in the Premiership.

Not with that owner. I'd take avoiding relegation/liquidation at the start of every Leeds season. But no denying Monk is a decent manager.

• Advertisement

Risky enough making so many changes but it paid off.

It was a great chance for Leeds but they were poor finishers.

Lacking real quality but good effort from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah there ye are now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Klopp talking absolute ****e saying Liverpool were more creative.

Absolutely. Liverpool looked completely average and bailed out by the post and then a mistake by the keeper for the first goal.

Leeds were missing their talisman centre back tonight and that eventually showed.

I'm very happy with the performance. Leeds played with no fear and possibly with an eye on a bigger game at the weekend. No shame in the result and a clear indication it's only a matter of when rather than if that we'll be back in the Premiership.

If Leeds can't beat a third string liverpool side they have no place in the premiership. Mid table championship I'd their level

Ridiculous how Sky are lauding this Woodburn as the second coming of jesus christ yet 18 year old Ronaldo Vieira just put in a fantastic performance in midfield for a full 90 minutes and doesn't even get a mention. Their bias has been a bit extreme tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Morrison J wrote: »
    Klopp talking absolute ****e saying Liverpool were more creative.
    Leeds were not very creative they were gifted chances by poor defending.
    Liverpool were far from their creative best though.

niallo27 wrote: »
    If Leeds can't beat a third string liverpool side they have no place in the premiership. Mid table championship I'd their level

Was a Leeds B team. Essentially missing Green, Ayling, Jansson, Bridcutt, Hernandez, O'Kane and Wood.

Mid table championship isn't their level.

Ridiculous how Sky are lauding this Woodburn as the second coming of jesus christ yet 18 year old Ronaldo Vieira just put in a fantastic performance in midfield for a full 90 minutes and doesn't even get a mention. Their bias has been a bit extreme tonight.

The bloke scored in front of the kop at 17. He deserves his moment

Hard to disagree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

And became Liverpools youngest ever goal scorer in doing so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

17, 18 and 19 year old on the pitch and they all did well. Have to be happy with that.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Leeds were not very creative they were gifted chances by poor defending.
    Liverpool were far from their creative best though.

Hasselbaink just called it spot on tbf. Leeds were on top till the 1st goal. Created plenty on the counter.

What drugs are you taking?

You do realise that when teams get promoted they invest in a new squad? That Leeds side is championship team built on a championship budget. No one keeps the same personnel following promotion. Matching a 2nd string (3rd string me arse) Liverpool side for over an hour and making them quite uncomfortable is a respectable performance.
    Mid table championship I'd their level

Might want to take a look at the Championship table so, my friend :)

He can have his moment but the Sky coverage there was putrid. Gave Leeds 5 seconds of air time at the end despite the fact they just matched Liverpool for 90 minutes.

All I'm hearing from Sky is "This young Liverpool side etc etc"

The average age of the 11 who finished the game was 24.. Leeds' average age 23.

• Advertisement

He can have his moment but the Sky coverage there was putrid. Gave Leeds 5 seconds of air time at the end despite the fact they just matched Liverpool for 90 minutes.

If they matched Liverpool for 90 mins it would have been a draw.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

If only football worked like that!

By my reckoning, only 2 players were not on the Liverpool team or subs last weekend, Stewart and Arnold. All of the rest started or were on the subs bench.

That's hardly 3rd string. And it was certainly not Leeds best 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

You do realise that when teams get promoted they invest in a new squad? That Leeds side is championship team built on a championship budget. No one keeps the same personnel following promotion. Matching a 2nd string (3rd string me arse) Liverpool side for over an hour and making them quite uncomfortable is a respectable performance.

Liverpool were terrible more so that Leeds were good.
    Leeds do not have enough in attacking area's to get promoted.
    Woeful finishing tonight & only 21 goals in 18 in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah, the way football works is the team who scores the most goals wins. So, unlucky.

• Advertisement

They drank their Lucozade as quickly at half time.

No drugs here. Comfortable win for a 2nd to 3rd string side. Look at Newcastle tonight. That's a side looking at promotion. Your living in dream land if you think Leeds are getting promoted.

No prizes for playing well and losing. It's losers mentality. I can't see a dvd being released about a big day out at Anfield.

Keep the heads down and get a playoff position

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, the way football works is the team who scores the most goals wins. So, unlucky.

Aye I'm aware of that tbf.

Sometimes you can be the better team and lose though. Didn't know that concept was so mind blowing.

Aye I'm aware of that tbf.

Sometimes you can be the better team and lose though. Didn't know that concept was so mind blowing.

It's rare tbf.

If you don't finish your chances you don't really deserve to win.

By my reckoning, only 2 players were not on the Liverpool team or subs last weekend, Stewart and Arnold. All of the rest started or were on the subs bench.

That's hardly 3rd string. And it was certainly not Leeds best 11.

Didn't you hear what they said?! They left ALL of their other 22 better players at home tonight!

(Would love to have seen a full strength Leeds out there against that lot).

No drugs here. Comfortable win for a 2nd to 3rd string side. Look at Newcastle tonight. That's a side looking at promotion. Your living in dream land if you think Leeds are getting promoted.

Could you set out the first 11, then the second 11?

I'd find it hard to believe that Liverpool have 22 better. But can't pretend to keep a close eye on Liverpool teams.

Especially puzzling as it was made up of players who by and large formed the squad last weekend. Why play this "3rd string" in the EPL?

Comfortable win for a 2nd to 3rd string side. Look at Newcastle tonight. That's a side looking at promotion. Your living in dream land if you think Leeds are getting promoted.
    Maybe watch a team more than once before ruling them out of promotion ffs.

Also Newcastle spent 50 million over the summer. They are a complete outlier in the league this year. Not something to compare any other club at championship level to.
    I can't see a dvd being released about a big day out at Anfield.

I can't tbf.

No prizes for playing well and losing. It's losers mentality. I can't see a dvd being released about a big day out at Anfield.

Keep the heads down and get a playoff position

Unlikely with that owner.

Monk doing well, but no chance of promotion. Even a play off position would be nose bleed territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Another win for the Reds :D

Great to see Woodburn score in front of the Kop.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement