Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickr Snap

Options
  • 29-11-2016 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on here use a Kickr Snap? Could you give my your opinions of same if you do please? Looking at a new turbo and it seems like a decent go relatively. Expensive but half the price of direct drive.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Bit of a bump here! Looking into one of these but lot of reports on power accuracy issues. Anyone got one and care to share experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

I have recently got a kickr snap. I use it with a powertap. The power is miles off. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to sort it out as I use power match mode in trainerroad and use the powertap power when using zwift. Positives are there is a nice smooth road feel. I couldn't recommend it at the moment, but each day I fixed a bug or 2. I am definitely happier than I was with it,but couldn't recommend it to someone who didn't have a powermeters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Thanks for the honest feedback. I don't have a power meter and so the power measuring aspect of the trainer is important to me. This is a bugger because on paper it ticks all the boxes for the price and I don't want to fork out 1k+ for a direct drive version.... the search continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

I would buy the best "dumb" trainer you can and pick up a second hand pm. Erg mode and zwift are over rated in my opinion.

Advertisement