Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display resolution on-screen changing

Options
  • 29-11-2016 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could help me, I bought a new PC monitor to connect to my laptop for more screen real estate when working on documents etc.

Both the laptop and Monitor are 1920x1080, when I connect them up with HDMI its Identical in DPI or scaling, but when I close my laptop screen lid the monitor changes state, then bookmarks and fonts go smaller but I'd like to keep the dimensions the same as the laptop screen if possible.

Does anyone know of a solution or any suggestion? Tried google but using incorrect terms I think or just too specific. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Is the laptop set to sleep when lid is closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37376/~/windows-10%3A-change-power-management-settings
    go to power settings , Set when laptop lid is closed do nothing.
    it sounds like laptop goes to sleep mode low power mode , when lid is closed ,
    and switch,s off vga out signal.
    So the monitor changes the resolution .
    Or look in monitor menu Set resolution to 1920x1080 ,set monitor
    refresh rate 60mhz .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 TeflonRon

Oops, my bad, just had a quick look at the scaling in Windows display Settings, it automatically changed from my normal 125% (when on laptop) to default 100% when I closed the lid, switching over the monitor.

Thanks for the replies though, appreciated them!

Advertisement