If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Play 1

Options
  • 29-11-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just starting into the process of upgrading the kit around the house.

Smart TV likely to come after Christmas  - will be back to you on that one

At the minute I am in the market for a wireless speaker which i can stream to from a phone and a tablet.
    This will likely replace the old stereo system in the kitchen which we use for the radio at the moment.

Want to be able to stream music to it but like the idea of building up a series of linked speakers over time.

My understanding is that the Sonos play 1 can be a standalone worked through their app and using the wifi in the house and can be linked to other sonos products later is that right??

What's the best price you can do on this shipped to Monaghan??

Thanks,
    Kevin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

arrowman wrote: »
    Just starting into the process of upgrading the kit around the house.

Smart TV likely to come after Christmas  - will be back to you on that one

At the minute I am in the market for a wireless speaker which i can stream to from a phone and a tablet.
    This will likely replace the old stereo system in the kitchen which we use for the radio at the moment.

Want to be able to stream music to it but like the idea of building up a series of linked speakers over time.

My understanding is that the Sonos play 1 can be a standalone worked through their app and using the wifi in the house and can be linked to other sonos products later is that right??

What's the best price you can do on this shipped to Monaghan??

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

you have done your research well - yep you can use the Play 1 as a stand alone unit or as part of a complete multi-room system

The Play 1 is currently £149 + £6.99 P & P = £155.99 or €174.99 inc shipping ( its probably better value in YoYo at the moment TBH)

The Play 1 is excellent but you should also have a look at the Denon HEOS 1 - its a similar concept to the Sonos 1 but it sounds way better and it has way more features including built in bluetooth ( so you dont have to be on the home network to use it) it also has an optional battery pack so you can use it completely wireless - but when it comes to inputs its head and shoulders above the Play 1 - the HEOS has 3.5mm inputs so yuo can plug your TV or CD player etc directly into it and it also has USB input so you can plug a USB drive or HDD into it and as well as playing these sources locally the HEOS will also make these inputs on the HEOS 1 available anywhere across your system on any other HEOS unit - its really clever! 

There is also a consumer deal on the HEOS 1 at the moment at £269 for a twin pack ( we can actually split them and sell them at just £135 as singles - they are normally £199!) Have a look here:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12997-black-12997.aspx?swapstore=1

We currently have both Sonos 1 and HEOS 1 available from stock - so just keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Thanks John.

Thats some service- i wasn't expecting anything back until office hours tomorrow.

I'll check out the Denon alright. Can this be added to with other linked speakers over time?
    I like the idea of the extra input options for the speaker- i thought the sonos was a wee bit limited in that department
    Whatever i stump for could well ultimately end up used along with the new tv- whenever i get around to looking for one

Would love to be able to consider the 2 speaker set but i dont think my budget could stretch to that.

Thanks again, Kevin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

arrowman wrote: »
    Thanks John.

Thats some service- i wasn't expecting anything back until office hours tomorrow.

I'll check out the Denon alright. Can this be added to with other linked speakers over time?
    I like the idea of the extra input options for the speaker- i thought the sonos was a wee bit limited in that department
    Whatever i stump for could well ultimately end up used along with the new tv- whenever i get around to looking for one

Would love to be able to consider the 2 speaker set but i dont think my budget could stretch to that.

Thanks again, Kevin
    NO problem Kevin TBH we are trying to catch up with all our posts and mails over the last weekend! :o

The Denon HEOS is great for the additional inputs and yep - say for example you have a TV / CD player and you plug it into a HEOS 1 down stairs and you have another HEOS 1 upstairs - you can use the HEOS 1 downstairs as a source upstairs ( you can even be streaming Spotify via the unit downstairs, but still access the sources that are plugged into the unit downstairs anywhere across the system at the same time) its seriously clever!

Don't worry about the 2 speaker set - we are happy to split them and give you the discount - the beauty about buying a decent system rather than a one-box heap of .....TE is that you can build it slowly as budget allows! :)

Thanks again and keep us posted anytime and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.