Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial art galleries

Options
  • 29-11-2016 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some commercial art galleries with affordable art for sale?

I have bought a house and would like a few pieces - max. 500e per piece. I'm looking for friendly galleries to visit on an upcoming visit to Dublin. I will only be in the city centre and won't have a chance to go further out,.

Thanks!

Edit:forgot to say I am open to most styles/mediums

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭VinDevo

http://www.galleryzozimus.ie/

Zozimus on Francis St - good selection and variety of mediums(?) and prices - have bought a number of pieces from them over the years

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

From South Great George's St. to Merrion Sq. You've got the Gallery Arcade in George's Arcade and The Fine Print Makers on Drury St.
    The Solomon Gallery in Westbury Mall.
    Dom's place upstairs in Stephen's Green S.C.
    On Dawson St. there's a few galleries- Pat Donald photography, Solart and The Apollo.
    On Frederick St\Moleswoth St. there's The Molesworth, Sears, The Doorway and Jorgensen's galleries.
    If it's a Sunday and the weather's good there also the Merrion Sq. art exhibition (artists display their work on the railings).

There's probably about another 4 or 5 in that stretch but they're not coming to mind at the moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Whytes are having a Christmas auction on 10th December - a lot of very reasonably priced stuff.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

As a matter of interest, when purchasing paintings, is there any haggling around the price advertised or is it strictly the sticker price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Haggle a gogo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

MisterDrak wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, when purchasing paintings, is there any haggling around the price advertised or is it strictly the sticker price ?

Always *something* to be done on price. But an unrealistic lowball isn't a good place to start and would usually get short shrift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Cool stuff here www.thekempgallery.com - its on South Frederick St.

Advertisement