Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winmau World Masters Dec 2-4

• 29-11-2016 8:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭

The oldest competition in darts starts this Friday, and in all probability, it'll be the last time it's televised. It's live on Premier Sport.

I love BDO darts as it just seems more realistic, less drama, also thw poor standard in some games gives me hope. Hard to look past Duzza or Yozza for this. 2 players who will surely be at PDC Q school in January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's a pity Channel 4 or BT aren't televising this considering that both channels have committed to broadcasting the Lakeside World Championship for the next couple of years.

I see also that the World Masters is being held at the Lakeside this year. With the World Trophy held there in May it means that 3 out of the 4 big BDO big tournaments were at the LS this year. You'd wonder who the hell is scheduling their event calendar.

I've heard that there's been serious issues with booking venues this year, and Bob Potter has to keep bailing them out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

It's a pity Channel 4 or BT aren't televising this considering that both channels have committed to broadcasting the Lakeside World Championship for the next couple of years.

Setanta sports used to show the exact programmes that were on Premier Sport, but that seems to have changed with Eirs takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

This is going to be on Eir Sport 2 all weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Micky Meany (wex)and John o'shea (cork) both qualified for the last 32 yesterday, so they'll be on the tele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

i see chris mason tried qualify for lakeside on tuesday
    long time since he has entered anything

ted hankey / john walton / kevin mcdine and a host names fell well short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

O Shea has just beaten Martin Adams 3-2!

shockin coverage
    some of it looks like its done on camera phone

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

sc86 wrote: »
    shockin coverage
    some of it looks like its done on camera phone

I thought it was just my tv!! It's shocking, I don't know how they're throwing darts with the red lights shining on them.

I love John Gwynne on commentary.

give me him or chris mason anyday over ****in mardle

• Advertisement

Durrant won this comfortably enough in the end. He will obviously be the big favourite for the Worlds now in January.

I wonder will he consider switching over afterwards. He's 46 now and playing the best darts of his career.

Anything I read about him though suggests that he won't. He has a decent job in Real Estate and is earning a nice side living on the BDO/WDF circuit and doing exhibitions. Better off staying put I say.

Durrant won this comfortably enough in the end. He will obviously be the big favourite for the Worlds now in January.

I wonder will he consider switching over afterwards. He's 46 now and playing the best darts of his career.

Anything I read about him though suggests that he won't. He has a decent job in Real Estate and is earning a nice side living on the BDO/WDF circuit and doing exhibitions. Better off staying put I say.

he was hot fav last year aswell

he has already stated his mind is made up to switch in january

Advertisement