Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer for Wii - latest version that works with Wii (not Wii U)

• 29-11-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My soon-to-be eight year old son has recently gone football mad and is looking for a soccer game for Christmas. We have a Wii at home, so I'm looking to get him whatever the latest version of PES is that works on Wii (rather than Wii U). Can anyone tell me what that is? Is it 2013?

Also, would we need specific controllers for it, or just the remote?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

2011 was the last one I remember. I'll look it up shortly. You use the Wii remote and nunchuk. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you do the controls are unparalleled. They are a great series that could have been even better on Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Arezzo

Thanks Sligeach. I searched for it on amazon, and it looks like 2013 is the latest that says "Wii" rather than "Wii U". I also saw some game details on nintendo.com that seemed to confirm that 2013 was the latest. If you see something to the contrary, I'd love to hear about it.
    Apologies if these are very basic questions, my most recent experience of gaming was Doom on a PC in the late 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I had PES 08 and 09 on the wii, and as long as they kept the controls the same I can't recommend it highly enough. But with a caveat :

It's not played like a standard console football game. (In a good way, but that's my opinion). You use the Wiimote almost like a post-match-analysis pundit to select off-the-ball players and create runs, pass the ball into space etc. with one hand while controlling the selected player with the other. It can get a bit confusing, but when you win you really feel like *you* won.

Assuming they kept refining what was working into later editions (as they did between 08 and 09) you can't go wrong....

Advertisement