Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf key fob battery

• 29-11-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I'm sure someone here must have been through this already... But anyone know how to open the leaf key fob? I'm getting the fob battery warning so need to replace the battery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I'm sure someone here must have been through this already... But anyone know how to open the leaf key fob? I'm getting the fob battery warning so need to replace the battery

There's a little button on the back of the fob. Slide it while pulling the top(where the hole is), and slide out the metal valet key.
    In there you will see a notch that you can insert a small flat screwdriver to prise the body apart and get to the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Satriale wrote: »
    There's a little button on the back of the fob. Slide it while pulling the top(where the hole is), and slide out the metal valet key.
    In there you will see a notch that you can insert a small flat screwdriver to prise the body apart and get to the battery.

Excellent, thanks Satriale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

its a CR2025 battery but a CR2032 will also fit fine in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

oinkely wrote: »

Yep. Did this recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Grrr... I wish I had known that... I had just bought the CR2025! :)

Taking a look at the two batteries the CR2032 is the same battery width but slightly thicker and will last longer. I would definitely have bought that instead.

It seems the Leaf fob battery only lasts 1-2yrs.... maybe thats normal. Anything that increases that time is a good thing as its a pain to be changing them every year or so.... two cars, 2 fobs.... 4 batteries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

The 2025 is i think 2.5mm thick and the 2032 3.2mm. Just remember that if one key fob is showing low battery the other one won't be far behind. As I discovered when I ignored the low battery warning for a while, then took the spare key instead one day.... low battery on that too. Same happened on our other leaf. Both batteries died around the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The 2025 is i think 2.5mm thick and the 2032 3.2mm. Just remember that if one key fob is showing low battery the other one won't be far behind. As I discovered when I ignored the low battery warning for a while, then took the spare key instead one day.... low battery on that too. Same happened on our other leaf. Both batteries died around the same time.

Mine is showing low battery for the last few weeks. Does it show that well in advance or will it die a death pretty quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

It looks pretty common to replace the battery within 2 years.
    Mine is 18 months old and had to replace it in one of the fobs.

Had the warning for nearly a month before I changed the battery.

Changed mine a month or two ago, if the battery completely dies just hold the key up to the start button and press it and it will power on.

Don't buy Maplin branded batteries, they're junk. And so is their AA and AAA rechargeable batteries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement