Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile - network upgrade?

Options
  • 29-11-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

I heard today that 3 are planning an upgrade of their mobile network around town. Anyone know anything about this? Hopefully it is true, it's difficult to find good/any coverage from most of the networks out in my area of town.

Comments

They are a joke of a company! I had a full signal at my house when O2 were the operator and the signal has deteriorated since Three took over,they must have been cost cutting! I'm out when my contract is up.Which operator has the best coverage in the Ballisodare/Collooney area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I would say vodafone - i'm in Ballintogher, had o2 and three recently. Not perfect at house(few blind spots, all depends from your house - buy prepay maybe first to test) but great outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

O thought they were rolling out a big upgrade at the start of the year.there are parts of sligo town and it's a disgrace the state of the coverage with three up at crozon Rushden ard area is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

sligono1 wrote: »
    O thought they were rolling out a big upgrade at the start of the year.there are parts of sligo town and it's a disgrace the state of the coverage with three up at crozon Rushden ard area is terrible

Its terrible in Caltragh, I have had two dropped calls this morning already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

With Meteor at the moment, very average. Was with vodafone, no coverage. Living in town on Strandhill Rd. If 3 do upgrade what other providers use the 3 network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Dringe123

Vodafone best in Ballisodare/Collooney area, 3 a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Dringe123 wrote: »
    Vodafone best in Ballisodare/Collooney area, 3 a disaster

Was happy with vodafone for a number of years before I moved house. Had to change and meteor seemed to be the only one that I could get reception with. However I find their coverage very average particularly in an urban centre such as Sligo town. Was hoping that one of the other providers would provide better and when I heard 3 were planning an upgrade I thought it might be possible. Meteor advertise 4g in Sligo but I find it very weak 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

I'm on the Three network and work in the Finisklin area. They must have done some sort of upgrade about two months ago as I was always switching between roaming, no network and the odd 3G signal. Now I get 4G LTE in the office which happened around September.
    I get LTE at the house too which isn't far off the Strandhill road.

As someone said above, it's disaster in Ballisodare though. Zero reception and emergency calls only until you get back out onto the dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭mobil 222

All you need to look at is the number of companys piggy backing on 3 Network.

Tesco Mobile, AnPost and ID Mobile.

Advertisement