Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Nope, I think k what will happen is t will take ten working days for your payment to be returned. That's what happened me

Yes I think that is likely but I said I'd take a chance anyway
    Let me know if you get extra, I'll take one!

If I end up with 5 I'll definitely be selling some, I'll let you know:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

ForestFire wrote: »
    Yes I think that is likely but I said I'd take a chance anyway

If I end up with 5 I'll definitely be selling some, I'll let you know:)

I got mine via John Lewis in the end, no problem. Might be worth a try buying number 6 :-)

Pm me if you have any spare..

Okay if these units do get shipped I will need to know quickly if I need to cancel any.
    (It was all fun last night, but the realisation of €600 disappearing on me has now hit:o)

If you are interested it looks like it will be about €112 for the units plus €3.75 Addresspal. This may change slightly due to exchange rate and Credit card.

Also I am in Tuam so collection or delivery would need to be arranged from there, or Galway.

Please PM me if you are definitely interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭opus

Got my US unit yesterday that a friend picked up for me, fired it this morning once I found a US plug adapter and looks to be working fine. Only thing I've done so far is listen to its daily briefing (could do without Fox news!) and then 'play newstalk radio' fired up the radio.

Not hear anything since from Currys so I'm guessing they never registered my order for these units. So back to looking out for deals again.

Is Argos.co.uk delivering to address pal?
    Any other options?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Not hear anything since from Currys so I'm guessing they never registered my order for these units. So back to looking out for deals again.

Any other options?

Thanks

Dunno, but john Lewis and parcel motel worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Dunno, but john Lewis and parcel motel worked for me.

The actual Google store will deliver. I got one from them directly a couple of weeks ago. Just select UK and parcel motel.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any other options?

Thanks

What about this Adverts one?

http://www.adverts.ie/12989451

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    The actual Google store will deliver. I got one from them directly a couple of weeks ago. Just select UK and parcel motel.

This worked for me this morning

I got my 2 from Maplins UK with Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What about this Adverts one?

http://www.adverts.ie/12989451

That's interesting,

Any ideas how they can be so competitive?
    Good positive feedback anyway so might consider this option.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's interesting,

Any ideas how they can be so competitive?
    Good positive feedback anyway so might consider this option.

Thanks

No idea. I only saw the add last night as I was thinking of a GHome for the man cave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Do these still require a premium account to do Spotify?

T'was announced in May that regular accounts would also have access, but not seeing it thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

Has anyone got multi user setup yet? As far as I can see, my GH is on the latest firmware but there's no option in the Home app on iOS for me or the other user. Country language is set to UK. Tried setting the address to UK but this didn't offer the option either. Is there some kinda magic to get this to work in Ireland. Magic lump hammer maybe?

I saw the prompt for it on my Android phone. I can't be of any other help as it's not something I'm interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Has anyone got multi user setup yet? As far as I can see, my GH is on the latest firmware but there's no option in the Home app on iOS for me or the other user. Country language is set to UK. Tried setting the address to UK but this didn't offer the option either. Is there some kinda magic to get this to work in Ireland. Magic lump hammer maybe?

It has me perplexed, I can't get it to work either.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It showed on my phone a few days before it would show on my wifes phone.
    Poor experience setting it up though

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Do these still require a premium account to do Spotify?

T'was announced in May that regular accounts would also have access, but not seeing it thus far.

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Anyone?

Get premium for 2.50 per month would be my advice.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Get premium for 2.50 per month would be my advice.

Already have a Deezer family package, so shifting everyone over would be a PITA.

It'd appear that voice control for Spotify free has not yet been rolled out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Rubylad

I have the multi user set up and it works fine. The option appeared under the GH on the Home app. Both accounts can still access the same Google Music account, but you can add a second account for the other user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Got mine today having impulse bought (and sold again) an Echo in the Prime sale and then realised it wouldn't work with Google Play Music without workarounds when I subscribe to the family deal.

I'm surprised at how easy it was to setup and get going where I struggled to get the Echo set to my location. Voice recognition is much better on the Google Home. It found my Shield TV and Chromecast immediately and it's pretty much instant casting music and video to the Shield. I had to set the language to US to get the use of Harmony and Stringify. I already had some IFTTT applets configured for Google Assistant on my phone, set HUE scenes, turn all lights off, set heating on manual with Netatmo thermostat

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It showed on my phone a few days before it would show on my wifes phone.
    Poor experience setting it up though

Just to follow up on this. Multi account looks like its working. Google recognises both of us, and uses my wifes Google Music account when she plays music, and mine when I play music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Just to follow up on this. Multi account looks like its working. Google recognises both of us, and uses my wifes Google Music account when she plays music, and mine when I play music.

Did you have the 'Multi-User is now available' notification when you opened the Home app?

I can't see any option in setting or anywhere to setup multi user yet, is there something else I need to do to get the notification? My device is running firmware version 1.25.90387 but not sure if that's the latest firmware or if I have to do something myself to update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

skerry wrote: »
    I can't see any option in setting or anywhere to setup multi user yet, is there something else I need to do to get the notification? My device is running firmware version 1.25.90387 but not sure if that's the latest firmware or if I have to do something myself to update it.

This is the same for me. Running GH with the following, but no sign of the multi-user option either. GH gets turned off and on every day so plenty of opportunity to update. No idea what the issue is and it's now a month since this was rolled out.

System Firmware: 90387
    Cast Firmware: 1.25.90387
    Language: English (UK)
    Country Code: IE

Every time I ask for an old song on Spotify she plays some obscure remix rather than the original. Driving me bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

How the hell do I get HARMONY working on this ?

Have set language to US, on phone and computer but is there something more that needs to be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

What way did Pabl Picasso expect this thread to go?

In the charter it says don't be a dick, you are being very nasty to a poster on this thread to someone who has been very respectful considering the personal digs he has been on the receiving end of.

It is my opinion that there is an subset of older women who are indeed bitter about the fact that men are more attracted to younger women.

These type of women will often try to emphasise the point that older men wouldn't be able to attract younger women, they say this out of bitterness.

They will often criticise such relationships, and their criticism can sometimes be valid, but they are just looking for any reason to criticose it. The true motivation ia the bitterness.

You lost?

What's his thread about again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

That's great and all, but how does it help me get multiuser set up on my Google Home?

Advertisement