Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Anyone notice anything strange with IFTTT

Created one Applet a few days ago "Boost Upstairs", work grand, web hook to a script that pushes to hive API.

Created the exact same applet yesterday "Boost Downstairs" and google assistant isn't recognising it.

Try Stringify, I had lots of issues with shortcut using IFTTT which work perfectly with stringify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

2 more minis ordered now bringing my total to 3 of each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Try Stringify, I had lots of issues with shortcut using IFTTT which work perfectly with stringify

Nice one, had a look, very flexible, only thing is you have to say "Hey google tell stringify to boost upstairs" cleaner if it was hey google boost upstairs.

Nice one, had a look, very flexible, only thing is you have to say "Hey google tell stringify to boost upstairs" cleaner if it was hey google boost upstairs.

Make a shortcut in the home app "Hey Google boost upstairs" and add that Tell stringify line

Make a shortcut in the home app "Hey Google boost upstairs" and add that Tell stringify line

Just have to figure out why I cant see shortcuts on my iphone . .

• Advertisement

Just have to figure out why I cant see shortcuts on my iphone . .

Ah, I'm not sure you have them, I have android

Ah, I'm not sure you have them, I have android

Ya I'll download google assistant once I get credit on my revolut card (To change the app store to UK) and hopefully I'll see a few more things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I'm having a small issue that I was hoping someone could help with. I have a couple of lamps controlled by sonoff sockets. From my mini in the sitting room or from google assistant on the phone I can control them all. However, from the mini in my kitchen it doesn't seem to see any of them. For example, if I tell it to turn on the hall it asks me to specify the devices, but when I give the exact same command from the sitting room it works perfectly. Similarly I can tell the sitting room mini to turn on my raspberry pi, but the kitchen one doesn't recognise the command.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I'm having a small issue that I was hoping someone could help with. I have a couple of lamps controlled by sonoff sockets. From my mini in the sitting room or from google assistant on the phone I can control them all. However, from the mini in my kitchen it doesn't seem to see any of them. For example, if I tell it to turn on the hall it asks me to specify the devices, but when I give the exact same command from the sitting room it works perfectly. Similarly I can tell the sitting room mini to turn on my raspberry pi, but the kitchen one doesn't recognise the command.

Are all the homes setup under the one main account ?

Had this problem where my daughters home she setup with her own account as the main account and it wouldn't rexocnise any of our lights etc. Had to factory restore it, configure it under the same main google account the rest if then were configured for, and then it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Yeah everything is under my account. I suppose I'll try a factory reset when I get home and see if that helps, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

On the multi-user thing, I was having difficulty getting it setup on the GFs phone for ages, I'd change the region to united kingdom / us but it wasn't showing up.

I actually had to change the language to English (UK) in the end to get it to work and set to train a new voice!

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, I thought it was down to the region, but language had an effect as well!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

So got a G Home a few days ago and a Mini yesterday.
    I find the G Home a bit too Bassy for most things, is there an equalizer function?

Also the oh (and me) is so impressed with the Mini that's its looking like I'll be getting another one...

Poor Alexa will be taking a back seat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Mine arrived in PM depot yesterday, it should have been left in my locker late last night, as is usual, but nothing from PM yet. Must be pretty busy, it's the first time I've ever not gotten an item into my locker on the same day it arrived in the depot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mik_da_man wrote: »
    So got a G Home a few days ago and a Mini yesterday.
    I find the G Home a bit too Bassy for most things, is there an equalizer function?

Yes, there are Equalizer settings in the Google Home app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Pelvis wrote: »
    Mine arrived in PM depot yesterday, it should have been left in my locker late last night, as is usual, but nothing from PM yet. Must be pretty busy, it's the first time I've ever not gotten an item into my locker on the same day it arrived in the depot.

Your locker was probably full, happened me as well, they'll try again ASAP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

Sorry guys, this has probably been asked before but I cannot find it in the 60 add pages of this thread.

Can I play Spotify on both my Google Home and also my Mini at the same time in different rooms?

I tried last night and it would stop one when I played the other. I can play radio stations on both or even Spotify and a radio but can't get Spotify on both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Buck wrote: »
    Sorry guys, this has probably been asked before but I cannot find it in the 60 add pages of this thread.

Can I play Spotify on both my Google Home and also my Mini at the same time in different rooms?

I tried last night and it would stop one when I played the other. I can play radio stations on both or even Spotify and a radio but can't get Spotify on both.

You can setup a cast group and play the same music on both but I don't think you can play different music on different speakers through the same account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I have noticed one odd quirk - I have 3 different users set up and each users has linked their Spotify Premium account to their profile. However, mine seems to be the one used when either of the other two users ask for a song - meaning playback on my phone stopped this morning.

Should this be happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How do I change region on my phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

So I have new Hue bulbs installed since linking it originally but they don’t show up on Google Home(the new bulbs) How do I get them to show up on the Google Home app. Do I need to unlink my Hue account and re-link it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

adox wrote: »
    So I have new Hue bulbs installed since linking it originally but they don’t show up on Google Home(the new bulbs) How do I get them to show up on the Google Home app. Do I need to unlink my Hue account and re-link it?

Same problem. I have a bunch more coming too so I'm hoping it's an easy fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

OU812 wrote: »
    Same problem. I have a bunch more coming too so I'm hoping it's an easy fix

I ended up unlinking and re-linking the account which seemed very clunky. Had to assign rooms again and create the shortcuts again too. Hopefully there is an easier way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

RonanC wrote: »
    I have noticed one odd quirk - I have 3 different users set up and each users has linked their Spotify Premium account to their profile. However, mine seems to be the one used when either of the other two users ask for a song - meaning playback on my phone stopped this morning.

Should this be happening?

I think their is a setting to say which Spotify account to use by default

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

Hi all, Just thinking of ordering one of the home mini's whilst they are still on sale. before I do, I was wondering if anyone has tried the google phone calling to the states? Is this still not supported? Would it work with a vpn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

You can now chain together multiple commands :) (Max of 2 though seemingly)

https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/7gcx3x/you_can_chain_multiple_command_in_one_sentence/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Reminders. What's the story here? Thought I had these working a few weeks ago. Tried last night, no luck. Seemed to create them alright, but didn't alert to them. That is what they're supposed to do, yes? Was hoping it would remind me to boil the kettle at 6:20am this morning. No go. Trying to get it to understand 'boil the kettle' was amusing in itself. :pac:

OK, just tried and it worked now for 9:55pm. Strange. And it found my old kettle reminder that it didn't alert for today...hmm. Will try again for future kettle sessions!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

moonboy52 wrote: »
    You can now chain together multiple commands :) (Max of 2 though seemingly)

https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/7gcx3x/you_can_chain_multiple_command_in_one_sentence/

Very cool, looks like my feature request list is getting done pretty fast :D

Roll on routines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I ask for local news and it says it's not supported, is there a work around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pelvis wrote: »
    I ask for local news and it says it's not supported, is there a work around?

Not yet, sky news or BBC news being the closest.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Woohoo, you can now say multiple commands using the "and" word like "Hey Google turn on the sitting room lights and the shield". worked perfectly for me set to English US

Advertisement