Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Is there any way to add additional Hue bulbs to Goggle Home without deleting and adding Hue control through Home app?
    Ive 7 bulbs already and got 2 more..
    The 2 new ones won't show up in Google Home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Set up mine last night and I have to say its fantastic. Had a few people over and it was the star of the show. Couple of things though:

I cant seem to set it up to make calls and it did take me a couple of goes to set up the second GH and CCA. I cant get the TP Link plug to finish the installation. Im wondering if this is down to the asus router?

Calls not supported in Ireland at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

ongarite wrote: »
    Is there any way to add additional Hue bulbs to Goggle Home without deleting and adding Hue control through Home app?
    Ive 7 bulbs already and got 2 more..
    The 2 new ones won't show up in Google Home.

I recently added two bulbs and couldn’t find any other way other than unlinking and re-linking my Hue account.

Pain in the ass to be honest as you have to reset everything back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Did you link your netflix account in the google home app?

I did. Link Spotify and Netflix were 2 of the first things it prompted me to do. I've crawled YouTube and Google and can't really find an answer. I'm stumped.
    Though it's probably something really simple knowing me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

kkhornet wrote: »
    Received my home last night and got it set up. Only have a CC at the minute so not a lot I can do but what's stumping me is Netflix. I can't get it to work at all no matter what voice commands I try to use.
    It either keeps telling me whatever cannot be played or whatever can't do they right now.
    Anybody any ideas how to help.
    I've read through this entire thread before I got the home and don't want to go the whole way back through it
    Exact same issue, I have, mine did work out of box but stopped week later. It still responss to commands like tell on/off and Spotify and youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

kkhornet wrote: »
    I did. Link Spotify and Netflix were 2 of the first things it prompted me to do. I've crawled YouTube and Google and can't really find an answer. I'm stumped.
    Though it's probably something really simple knowing me

Is the Chromecast appearing in the devices list of GH app ?

Also make sure netflix is up to date in the app store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Purchased a Google mini, not impressed, when playing music at even 50% it becomes totally deaf even if I'm roaring at it from 2ft :(

Yeah I’m having the same problem with Netflix through Chromecast. Hopefully a temporary thing.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Purchased a Google mini, not impressed, when playing music at even 50% it becomes totally deaf even if I'm roaring at it from 2ft :(

I find the mics on the Google Home miles better than the Echo.

You don’t need the Netflix app as far as I know if you are using voice commands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm also unable to play any Netflix content on it anymore. I keep getting "I looked for <show> but it either isn't available or cant' be played right now". This was working for months.

Seems it's not just us though who started hitting the issue as can be seen on the Googlehome reddit thread here

It seems the people experiencing the issues are those who bought their GHome from a different country because their own country, like here, didn't support it. I really hope it's a glitch because there's no need to geo-block us. We're trying to access our own content! There's also a thread here on Google's own forums so hopefully some answer will emerge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cheers ixoy.

I hope they have not have geo-blocked it

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Cheers ixoy.

I hope they have not have geo-blocked it

Would be very worrying if so and we’d end up with bricks really. Spotify still works but would be next in line you would think if it was the case.

Hopefully it’s just a glitch. I’m only getting used to my Home and Mini having ditched my Echo Dot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

adox wrote: »
    Would be very worrying if so and we’d end up with bricks really. Spotify still works but would be next in line you would think if it was the case.

Hopefully it’s just a glitch. I’m only getting used to my Home and Mini having ditched my Echo Dot.
    Tbh the Netflix thing was what set it apart from Alexa, for me anyway. Fix it or ill hv to grovel my way back into Alexa's good books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Just FYI, I spent 2 hours with Google Support Chat this afternoon trying to get the Multi User feature working but in the end they gave up and escalated the case to another team who will revert to me.

In essence we factory reset the Google Home a few times, powered off and back on my Wifi router a few times, uninstalled and reinstalled the Google Home App on my OnePlus 5 phone and even tried everything again from scratch using a Nexus 7 tablet (running Android 6.0.1) without getting past the "Please wait....." message on the Voice Match setup process.

Frustrating but at least they are now aware of the issue I'm having and I'm sure will eventually get to the bottom of it.

Despite not having access to the multi user feature I've been able to link the GH to my Tado thermostat which works very well (anyone can say "Hey Google, set the house temperature to 23 degrees" and it'll turn the heating on to 23C for an hour) and it connects well to a Chromecast Audio I Purchased to extend the life of a HiFi I have in the family room so when you want a fuller sound than the GH can provide (90% of the time the GH is fine e.g. for listening to radio or just background music) then "Hey Google, play XXXX playlist to the HiFi Chromecast" transfers the sound to the Audio In on the HiFi which is left permanently on ready to receive from the GH or indeed from a Spotify app or Chrome tab etc.

All in all an interesting first week with the GH.

I've two Mini's on the way for the kids for Xmas also which they'll get great use out of in their bedrooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Tbh the Netflix thing was what set it apart from Alexa, for me anyway. Fix it or ill hv to grovel my way back into Alexa's good books

I think the integration is amazing and it would sad if Netflix removed. Reading other online posts, it appears to be at the door of Netflix

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Still having the same issue as yesterday with the mini not playing what I want.

Radio seems ok now, but not Spotify.
    It says "Ok playing xxx on Spotify"
    Then nothing.
    Ask it what's playing and "Nothing Playing"

Even if I launch Spotify on my phone and cast to the speaker, it makes the connection sounds, then nothing.
    Getting frustrated with it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Exact same issue, I have, mine did work out of box but stopped week later. It still responss to commands like tell on/off and Spotify and youtube
    Yeah Spotify and YouTube and photos all work it's just Netflix is all that's acting uo

Yeah everything is showing and all up to date
    ixoy wrote: »
    I'm also unable to play any Netflix content on it anymore. I keep getting "I looked for <show> but it either isn't available or cant' be played right now". This was working for months.

Seems it's not just us though who started hitting the issue as can be seen on the Googlehome reddit thread here

It seems the people experiencing the issues are those who bought their GHome from a different country because their own country, like here, didn't support it. I really hope it's a glitch because there's no need to geo-block us. We're trying to access our own content! There's also a thread here on Google's own forums so hopefully some answer will emerge.

Looks like it's not just me so. Kind of relieved it's not just me so although one main reason for the purchase was voice control for Netflix.
    Hope it gets sorted soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Is getting this from the uk via parcel motel still the best option. Thinking of getting this for my mother for Christmas and gutted I missed the black Friday deals. I have the regular one myself and love it. What's the speaker like on the mini as I think my mother would use this for playing Spotify and Tune in more than anything. I know the one I have would be perfect but the price difference is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Flip sake been using netflix on the home since I got it, didn't work tonight and I spent an hour trying to fix it, resetting accounts, removing and adding devices, messing with the WiFi! Be bollox if it's not going to be available here.

• Advertisement

Flip sake been using netflix on the home since I got it, didn't work tonight and I spent an hour trying to fix it, resetting accounts, removing and adding devices, messing with the WiFi! Be bollox if it's not going to be available here.

I put a tweet to netflix , had a few replies from different countries about similar

Oddly this morning Spotify is playing up. Asked Google to play Now that's what I call music 98, which I did several times with no issue. This morning repeatedly saying now that's what I call use nine eight is not available. So asked for Now 98 and played the same album as yesterday. Wonder are Google playing with something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

thecivvie wrote: »
    Oddly this morning Spotify is playing up. Asked Google to play Now that's what I call music 98, which I did several times with no issue. This morning repeatedly saying now that's what I call use nine eight is not available. So asked for Now 98 and played the same album as yesterday. Wonder are Google playing with something

Maybe you're like me and had a few jars last night and slightly hoarse this morning and she's not quite grasping what you're saying. It's all about the diction.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Picked up my Google Home today from Parcel Motel - glad to see I'm not alone with the netflix issue and hope it's sorted soon.

Having trouble finding the option to link another account to it, tried on through the home app on my wife's phone but no joy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

thecivvie wrote: »
    I put a tweet to netflix , had a few replies from different countries about similar
    There's a thread here on the Google forums about this. The more people who post on it, the more likely it'll get some traction. Reports now from Chile, Portugal, Ireland, Hong Kong - all places where people bought a Google Home from elsewhere.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Maybe you're like me and had a few jars last night and slightly hoarse this morning and she's not quite grasping what you're saying. It's all about the diction.

Lol no jars for me and confirmed on my mini and the ex's GH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

ixoy wrote: »
    There's a thread here on the Google forums about this. The more people who post on it, the more likely it'll get some traction. Reports now from Chile, Portugal, Ireland, Hong Kong - all places where people bought a Google Home from elsewhere.

Replied to the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Patww79 wrote: »

Yes, I'd assume it's blocked to avoid having to support people in countries who aren't supposed to have the device anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Advertisement