Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Anyone notice home control is down ? Google home reporting there was an error, when I try either hue or smart things devices

Just tried there with home mini and hue and all seems fine. It can be so in consistent which is putting a stop to me getting more of them it's great when it works but frustrating when it doesn't and you have to keep hey googling, crap when you are trying to get other ppl in the house to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

A router reboot seems to have resolved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

bk wrote: »
    Well not quiet, but instead you can use multi-user voice recognition. Basically you create an account for each user, train it to recognise their voice and then link each of their accounts to their individual spotify account.

So then, when your daughter asks her GH to play music, it will play from her spotify acc. At the same time, your son can ask his GH to play music and it will play from his Spotify acc. The two won't interfere with one another.

Not sure if it was because I used the ex's iPhone but playing on one GH stopped it on another. Had to remove the kids GHs from the ex's and so she has lost broadcast.

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

thecivvie wrote: »
    Not sure if it was because I used the ex's iPhone but playing on one GH stopped it on another. Had to remove the kids GHs from the ex's and so she has lost broadcast.

Are you using Spotify premium? Different Spotify accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Are you using Spotify premium? Different Spotify accounts?

Yep all different

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sorry to harp on again but mine is driving me mad asking me to sign in nearly every time I ask “how’s my commute?”

I’ve rebooted it, signed out and signed back in but it’s still the same.

I don’t really want to reset it as I have a lot connected to it including numerous Hue lights and a Harmony Hub so it would be a pain to set up again.

I’ve googled(arf arf!) to see if I could find a solution but have come up blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having problems with the home and hue sensors.. If the sensors set the lights to go off after 2 minutes, but I ask Google to turn on lights, they turn on but keep turning off after 2 minute's, is there a way for Google to override the sensor??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having problems with the home and hue sensors.. If the sensors set the lights to go off after 2 minutes, but I ask Google to turn on lights, they turn on but keep turning off after 2 minute's, is there a way for Google to override the sensor??

There is a routine in Hue app under Labs called "Do Not Disturb", it means the motion sensors only activate if the lights aren't already off.

There is a routine in Hue app under Labs called "Do Not Disturb", it means the motion sensors only activate if the lights aren't already off.

Thanks, I went to look for it in the labs section but for some reason it's showing no formulas at all, says no formula available, there were formulas there about a week ago when I last checked because I am currently using the formula for 3 time zones for the sensor

Is this happening for anyone else? My hub is definitely connected and has a green dot beside it in the labs section

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Working for me, maybe check that the firmware on the hub is up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I see RTE announced; RTE skills on Amazon Alexa, the cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and other devices, further increasing the reach of RTɒs news, weather and radio services.

Hoping to find out today if RTE are in talks with Google.

Working for me, maybe check that the firmware on the hub is up to date.

My app doesn't show any formulas under any of the formulas or my labs sections, but when I use a browser they are there.. I've set up the do not disturb through the browser but now sometimes when I walk into a room, sometimes only 1 of the 2 sets if lights turn on, not sure if it's the sensor or the ikea gu10 lights but somethings not acting right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

My app doesn't show any formulas under any of the formulas or my labs sections, but when I use a browser they are there..
    Same for me...

My app doesn't show any formulas under any of the formulas or my labs sections, but when I use a browser they are there.. I've set up the do not disturb through the browser but now sometimes when I walk into a room, sometimes only 1 of the 2 sets if lights turn on, not sure if it's the sensor or the ikea gu10 lights but somethings not acting right

I've noticed my two Ikea GU10's do that twice. No issue with my Hue GU10's doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

Folks i only just got into the google home buzz (bought the JBL link 10 with google assistant) and i love it i've a lot of automation in the house so this really feels like the futures to me hue lights, nest thermostat, harmony remote i can control everything with my voice and its brilliant.

I was going to add another GH speaker but just wonder will the mini do the job? I can use the link 10 as the main speaker. I'm assuming there is no downside to using the mini as opposed to full home apart from audio prowess?

jones wrote: »
    I was going to add another GH speaker but just wonder will the mini do the job? I can use the link 10 and the main speaker. I'm assuming there is no downside to using the mini as opposed to full home apart from audio prowess?

None, beyond the difference in audio quality (oh and how the buttons on it work). I've got a GH and two minis. Very happy with them.

Cheers for the quick reply bk. Where is everyone getting their GH's?
    UK google store + parcelmotel/addresspal job?

jones wrote: »
    Cheers for the quick reply bk. Where is everyone getting their GH's?
    UK google store + parcelmotel/addresspal job?
    3 for £99 in currys.co.uk...pay with paypal and deliver to PM

fletch wrote: »

That's amazing value. Cheers

• Advertisement

Has anyone imported a Home Max?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Has anyone imported a Home Max?

In the US next month and am toying with the idea... I read here before that people with US homes have ran in to a few issues?

mloc123 wrote: »
    In the US next month and am toying with the idea... I read here before that people with US homes have ran in to a few issues?

I've a US Home here, no issues. Only thing I can think of is that it needs a plug adaptor from US plug to Irish. Of course no guarantee with the Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

mloc123 wrote: »

I've a us home as well, no problems, but the max might or is probably higher rated power supply ?

Yeah a transformer might be needed which would kill it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Anything in particular that needs redeeming to get them for the £99. Tried it a couple of days ago and again today but showing as order subtotal of £147 (using PM address)

Anything in particular that needs redeeming to get them for the £99. Tried it a couple of days ago and again today but showing as order subtotal of £147 (using PM address)
    Follow through to just before payment and the price drops.

Yes go to the next screen and it'll drop to 99 i ordered 3 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Follow through to just before payment and the price drops.

Tried that alright even as far as entering payment details but amount doesn't drop. Don't see any reference to the 3:2 offer on their website either. Will leave it for now as would only considering buying them at the reduced rate.
    Maplin had the 3:2 offer advertised but they didn't have stock last time I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I've a us home as well, no problems, but the max might or is probably higher rated power supply ?

Should work here no problem with adapter or replace plug

Home Max Specs from US Website:-

Power
    AC Power 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz

Advertisement