Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Casting doesn't work either.

There's always Bluetooth but kind of defeats the purpose. Wonder if Irish radio is available for Google Homes in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

Newstalk streaming went and came back later with me.
    Oddly Rte radio one is still gone.

Very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

2fm, lyric, work for me, also glaway bay all via TuneIn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Hey.. Wondering if anyone can help... Have two minis that I usually use to play spotify. Got a new modem/router, so obviously had to set them up on the new Wi-Fi. Everything working fine except spotify.
    Used to be able to either just ask it to play something with no problems or control the songs it's playing via spotify on my phone or computer. Now when I do either it just seems to shuffle through a couple of tracks without playing and then eventually settle like it's playing something, but nothing actually happens. Anyone got any ideas? Tried rebooting and deleting and adding them again. Still nothing

Emailed TuneIn support:

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've escalated this issue to the technical team and will respond as soon as I hear back from them. Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,
    Emelin Pleites
    TuneIn
    On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 8:23 PM <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm in Ireland - Google home has not launched here yet but I was able to stream Irish radio stations until yesterday. Now when I ask my Google home to stream for instance RTE radio 1 she says "streaming RTE Radio 1 on tunein" but nothing happens. Casting doesn't work either. Tunein app on my android phone works fine.
    Thsnks
    Kind regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No problems with the radio for me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So you can get RTE Radio 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

digitaldr wrote: »
    So you can get RTE Radio 1?

No don't listen to that was just radio one uae and newstalk.

Is it just rte radio one that's causing the problem?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Today FM worked for me eventually this morning. First go it said "Today FM cannot be played or is unavailable right now" so I just thought it was my internet until I saw the posts above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭jh79

Rte 1 won't work for me
    2fm, today fm and newstalk all worked eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

My Google homes have stopped streaming rte stations on tunein :( Says "OK streaming RTE Radio 1 on tunein" but nothing happens. Steams fine on the tunein app on my phone.

Same for me - can't stream any Radio 1, Newstalk, Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Same with me..had LMFM playing no problem on mini in front room. Installed a new GH in kitchen and took me about 15 goes to get it to play. Brit channels worked first time.

Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I was able to stream East coast radio in london till a few weeks ago on my google home. Now it says not available in your country. Buttttttttt I can make free phone calls now to Uk landlines and mobiles!

Same with me..had LMFM playing no problem on mini in front room. Installed a new GH in kitchen and took me about 15 goes to get it to play. Brit channels worked first time.

Annoying.

Yeah BBC worked first time for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Emailed TuneIn support:

Have tried a few different stations and only ones I can get working are the BBC stations. Tried some English, Australian and Irish but no joy. Says streaming but no sound at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Strange updates happening.

"Hey google play "one two three four sesame street" from youtube on the living room tv" worked up until yesterday and then didnt.

• Advertisement

Given that GH isn't officially in Ireland yet how come i was able to buy mine in Maplin Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

jh79 wrote: »
    Given that GH isn't officially in Ireland yet how come i was able to buy mine in Maplin Galway?

Mapkin had them for sale a while ago in cork too, but they were taken off the shelves. Staff member told me that google had insisted they halt selling them in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I was able to play 4FM on home about 2 hours ago. It's not working now. No Irish stations are working for me but BBC is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

RockDesk wrote: »
    I was able to play 4FM on home about 2 hours ago. It's not working now. No Irish stations are working for me but BBC is.

I've 2fm set to play as my alarm every morning! New favourite feature!

A59pQhp.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I changed my language to US, rebooted so it held the language and it worked. Just changed it back to UK and it's working again.

I was on chat with a guy from Google and he said that changing the language is the workaround they do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jh79 wrote: »
    Yeah BBC worked first time for me too.

If I'm not mistaken, they now stream BBC radio direct from the BBC.

For the Irish stations and most others they use Tunein.

Tunein sucks, it has always been very variable, even on Alexa. It changes constantly, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hopefully if GH is officially launched in Ireland, they will start streaming RTE direct as well. I suspect they switched BBC due to how unreliable Tunein was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭opus

Noticed that RTE Radio 1 wasn't working for me last night as well, didn't do much digging to see why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

I changed my language to US, rebooted so it held the language and it worked. Just changed it back to UK and it's working again.

I was on chat with a guy from Google and he said that changing the language is the workaround they do.

Just changed mine to US then back to UK and rebooted, still no rte radio 1.

• Advertisement

Mapkin had them for sale a while ago in cork too, but they were taken off the shelves. Staff member told me that google had insisted they halt selling them in Ireland

I see Mapin website has a sale at the moment - will probably be a [URL="Maplin staff made redundant as hopes of finding buyer fade

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/08/maplin-63-head-office-workers-made-redundant-administration?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard"]closing down[/URL] one :( Not sure I would risk ordering anything although credit card purchase might be ok?

Advertisement