Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/lenovo-smart-display-hands-on/

They are working with companies to bring new devices to the market. I'm hoping for something small like the Echo spot.

That is more integrating the Google Assistant ( the brain of a Home ) into other devices, samsung have a similar play.
    Google I/O 2018 is coming soon, they usually announce new products (first party) there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/lenovo-smart-display-hands-on/

They are working with companies to bring new devices to the market. I'm hoping for something small like the Echo spot.

Ah, now I get it. "Are working" referring to the company. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Has anyone else had trouble with Netflix lately? Twice in the last day it didn't play, and the screen displayed a prompt telling me to unlink the account and link it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I listen to audio books using Smart AudioBook Player which has a cloud sync function allowing you to stop listening on one device and start where you left off on another device.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get Google Home to "Play Audiobook" and it starts reading the book you're listening to?

I know if you say "Read my Audiobook" it'll play whatever book you have purchased from the Play Store but I typically listen to books purchased elsewhere hance my use of Smart AudioBook Player.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi all,

I listen to audio books using Smart AudioBook Player which has a cloud sync function allowing you to stop listening on one device and start where you left off on another device.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to get Google Home to "Play Audiobook" and it starts reading the book you're listening to?

I know if you say "Read my Audiobook" it'll play whatever book you have purchased from the Play Store but I typically listen to books purchased elsewhere hance my use of Smart AudioBook Player.

Cheers.

Think the only way this is possible is if you buy your audio book from the play store.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Think the only way this is possible is if you buy your audio book from the play store.

Ok thanks. I guess I can just cast the audio from the Smart AudioBook Player app on my phone to Google Home. Not such a bad work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ben36

looking for a bit of help.I have 4 google home/minis around the house and all work perfectly on the homegroup for streaming music.I purchased a fifth one last week and set it up and works ok but it's not working on homegroup.When i ask it to play on homegroup the new one won't play but the rest of them play.It will play individually if i specify not on homegroup.It looks setup ok and it's linked to the rest of them.I've tried reseting it again and again and still no joy.Is there a limit on the amount of them you can use as one?thanks for any advice.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ben36 wrote: »
    looking for a bit of help.I have 4 google home/minis around the house and all work perfectly on the homegroup for streaming music.I purchased a fifth one last week and set it up and works ok but it's not working on homegroup.When i ask it to play on homegroup the new one won't play but the rest of them play.It will play individually if i specify not on homegroup.It looks setup ok and it's linked to the rest of them.I've tried reseting it again and again and still no joy.Is there a limit on the amount of them you can use as one?thanks for any advice.

Have you added the new one to the Home Group? They aren't automatically added, you have to manually do it.

"Home Group" is just a group name, you can have as many or as few in the group as you like and call it anything you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ben36

bk wrote: »

Have you added the new one to the Home Group? They aren't automatically added, you have to manually do it.

"Home Group" is just a group name, you can have as many or as few in the group as you like and call it anything you want.
    Thanks for the reply.is there a specific place where I can find what speakers are on the home group as all I can see is linked devices and it’s there all together with the rest of them.Also I didn’t know you can change the name from home group so will do that too.thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Thanks for the reply.is there a specific place where I can find what speakers are on the home group as all I can see is linked devices and it’s there all together with the rest of them.Also I didn’t know you can change the name from home group so will do that too.thanks

Google Home App -> Devices -> Home Group -> ... -> Edit Group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Still problems with RTE radio 1 , wonder when will the issue be resolved seems to be ongoing?

And we're back!

opus wrote: »
    And we're back!
    No way! RTE back working again?

I was assured so many times by Google they would contact me to let me know :confused:, hopefully this is not like the last time and it actually stays working for 3+ days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

jogdish wrote: »
    No way! RTE back working again?

I was assured so many times by Google they would contact me to let me know :confused:, hopefully this is not like the last time and it actually stays working for 3+ days.

Well it was working last night anyway, who know if it's still going today!

opus wrote: »
    Well it was working last night anyway, who know if it's still going today!
    Working now! It's odd how happy this makes me.

Question: So my home playing RTE 1 needs to be at volume lv 2 for comfort, but needs to be at vol 4 for question/answer interactions.

Is it possible to make a command (shortcut) to have it jump to vol 2 when asking to play radio 1 and the back to 4 when asking it to stop. Suppose what I am asking is can I string two commands together into a shortcut, an AND statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

RTE1 is gone again . . .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Asked her to sing. The response made me chuckle. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Fishy1 wrote: »
    RTE1 is gone again . . .

Not working for me either

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Not working for me either

me also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Rte2 gone now for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Rte2 gone now for me too

That’s working for me. If you had tried Radio 1 just before trying 2fm just plug out your Home for 30 secs and restart. Should work fine then - for 2fm anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Yeah strangely RTE Radio 1 worked for a day again for me here, now gone again, strange

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Yes, works well from my testing last night. On, off, and dimming works well, but I could figure out how to get it to change the white colours.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Does that mean I don't need the Tradfri hub? Just setup the bulbs from Google Home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

No, you still need a hub, Tradfri or Hue.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

RunDMC wrote: »
    No, you still need a hub, Tradfri or Hue.

R

Thanks.
    Have a Hue. Is it getting any easier to link the Tradfri bulbs to the Hue hub? Always looked cumbersome and hit 'n miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Thanks.
    Have a Hue. Is it getting any easier to link the Tradfri bulbs to the Hue hub? Always looked cumbersome and hit 'n miss

Found it very straightforward to add Tradfri bulbs to Hue hub.

Tradfri accessories are another story.

old info. deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hope this is the right forum. I use a Google Audio Chromecast but am having the RTE Radio 1 via TuneIn issue that people here have been mentioning is happening with their Google Home devices. It works fine on my phone but when I connect to Chromecast it won't play. Today FM works fine.

Same issue? Any fixes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

budgemook wrote: »
    Hope this is the right forum. I use a Google Audio Chromecast but am having the RTE Radio 1 via TuneIn issue that people here have been mentioning is happening with their Google Home devices. It works fine on my phone but when I connect to Chromecast it won't play. Today FM works fine.

Same issue? Any fixes?

Sounds like the same issue lots of people have been reporting.

Advertisement