Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Looks like the same issue :( It did work for a day last week, so I am guessing it's not the hardest problem to solve.

Does anyone have any ideas - I relaise this is a little naive - to put pressure on Google to sort the problem out faster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭derekbro

Anyone know why my home minis are coming up as linked devices and not devices? I can't change any settings on them or add them to a group. They're on the same wifi as my phone, have reset both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

derekbro wrote: »
    Anyone know why my home minis are coming up as linked devices and not devices? I can't change any settings on them or add them to a group. They're on the same wifi as my phone, have reset both of them.

I think linked devices are devices associated to your account but offline or uncontactable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

jogdish wrote: »
    Looks like the same issue :( It did work for a day last week, so I am guessing it's not the hardest problem to solve.

Does anyone have any ideas - I relaise this is a little naive - to put pressure on Google to sort the problem out faster?

As suggested by other Boardsies affected by this issue, I’ve been giving feedback via Google Home & also posting in this Google thread :
    https://support.google.com/googlehome/forum/AAAAXWcshA0mhLXxNoj17U/?hl=en

It’s very frustrating that it’s taking so long for Google to sort.

Fishy1 wrote: »
    As suggested by other Boardsies affected by this issue, I’ve been giving feedback via Google Home & also posting in this Google thread :
    https://support.google.com/googlehome/forum/AAAAXWcshA0mhLXxNoj17U/?hl=en

It’s very frustrating that it’s taking so long for Google to sort.
    Thanks, okay, I am doing a voice feedback via the Home and posting there too, and will continue to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ooh, first I'm hearing of that, I'm interested to know too! I've had deezer for ages, only really got Spotify Premium for my GH (got 4 minis through the house, I like my music in the background), but Deezer has the 'flows' which for me makes it so much nicer than Spotify!!!

Update: just opened my Google Home app and went to the Music control page: still only Google Play Music and Spotify as services (I'm set to English UK language setting)

RTE radio 1 was working again this morning.

Perhaps my memory is wrong, but I don't think it said playing via Tunein.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

jogdish wrote: »
    RTE radio 1 was working again this morning.

Perhaps my memory is wrong, but I don't think it said playing via Tunein.

Yup - working fine now. Still from TuneIn. Hopefully it stays now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Streaming RTE Radio 1 again now for me on Google Home, but it won't play at all still on my Google Mini :confused:

• Advertisement

Any sign of phone call feature coming to Ireland now that UK have it on their Google home devices. Has the google assistant even been 'officially' launched here yet also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Whats been weird about mine is that on my Google Home the radio stations have been working fine etc (got it in the US), and my google home mini in the kitchen hasn't worked for radio in weeks (got in the UK). Very weird

Whats been weird about mine is that on my Google Home the radio stations have been working fine etc (got it in the US), and my google home mini in the kitchen hasn't worked for radio in weeks (got in the UK). Very weird

Yeah, the Google devices seem to be a bit iffy on and off, or at least that's my experience so far of them.

Last week for example when RTE1 wasn't playing, I also noted Newstalk radio wouldn't play. However if I asked it to play BBC Radio 4 and then asked it to play Newstalk , it would then successfully play Newstalk! Bit flakey that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

AngelaRI wrote: »
    Ooh, first I'm hearing of that, I'm interested to know too! I've had deezer for ages, only really got Spotify Premium for my GH (got 4 minis through the house, I like my music in the background), but Deezer has the 'flows' which for me makes it so much nicer than Spotify!!!

Update: just opened my Google Home app and went to the Music control page: still only Google Play Music and Spotify as services (I'm set to English UK language setting)

Don't have a deezer account but if I open the Home app and select browse then Deezer is listed.

THE ALM wrote: »
    Don't have a deezer account but if I open the Home app and select browse then Deezer is listed.

It's listed under browse for me too, but clicking just opens the app on my phone.
    Under music settings I still only have Spotify and Google Play Music :(

It's listed under browse for me too, but clicking just opens the app on my phone.
    Under music settings I still only have Spotify and Google Play Music :(

Downloaded the app as a free trial and it then links as one of your services in the Home app under music. Will have to wait until I get home to see how it works with the Google Home but would imagine it is similar to Spotify. There is a setting in the Deezer app to link devices which I would imagine will include the Google Home.

Downloaded the app as a free trial and it then links as one of your services in the Home app under music. Will have to wait until I get home to see how it works with the Google Home but would imagine it is similar to Spotify. There is a setting in the Deezer app to link devices which I would imagine will include the Google Home.

Still no joy, stubbornly refusing to appear in my Google home app under music services :(

Still no joy, stubbornly refusing to appear in my Google home app under music services :(

Don't know if language setting will have anything to do with it but I have mine set as English US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Google Home Mini now showing up on Argos.ie, €61.99 is a bit steep though. Strange to see it up on Argos before the official launch, but a promising sign. The same thing happened with Google Wifi; it showed up on Argos about 6 weeks before the official store. We could have official support by the end of May!

R

RunDMC wrote: »
    Google Home Mini now showing up on Argos.ie, €61.99 is a bit steep though. Strange to see it up on Argos before the official launch, but a promising sign. The same thing happened with Google Wifi; it showed up on Argos about 6 weeks before the official store. We could have official support by the end of May!

R

You think? Google I/O is soon, would be the time to announce EU wide launch or, as I am predicting another Home with a screen.

• Advertisement

Can confirm that when trying to link deezer I get a message that not available in my country. You can cast to the google home but not control by voice, ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Anyone getting advertising in the middle of their news briefings?

Targeted Irish ads too... (Three.ie) it's really annoying.

I'll switch the Home off and move back to Dot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

fleet wrote: »
    Anyone getting advertising in the middle of their news briefings?

Targeted Irish ads too... (Three.ie) it's really annoying.

I'll switch the Home off and move back to Dot.

There's 30 second ads on TuneIn.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Can confirm that when trying to link deezer I get a message that not available in my country. You can cast to the google home but not control by voice, ah well!

Tried the old "Ok Google, Play x on Deezer" which usually prompts her to ask me to link the the service on my app and makes the service appear, but yeah, 'not available in your country' for me. Boo :(

"ok google roll a 1 trillian sided die" - that would be pretty funny.

Any further news on Argos stocking them, still nothing on the Google Irish play store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

If anybody is traveling through the airport dixons have the home mini for 49.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I've a 13 year old daughter with a Google Mini in her bedroom which she uses to play Spotify and ask for info on home work topics etc.

She would like the ability to play some chill bedtime sounds/melodies such as seaside waves etc for a defined period of time while she dozes off to sleep.

Is there a way for her to get Google Mini to play the sound of a particular YouTube video (see below) or Spotify Playlist for a fixed period of time such as 30 minutes after which it automatically stops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Hi all,

I've a 13 year old daughter with a Google Mini in her bedroom which she uses to play Spotify and ask for info on home work topics etc.

She would like the ability to play some chill bedtime sounds/melodies such as seaside waves etc for a defined period of time while she dozes off to sleep.

Is there a way for her to get Google Mini to play the sound of a particular YouTube video (see below) or Spotify Playlist for a fixed period of time such as 30 minutes after which it automatically stops?

Something like this?

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7364558?hl=en

I think you would need to instruct it to turn off after 30 minutes otherwise it will just play for 12 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

eusap wrote: »
    If anybody is traveling through the airport dixons have the home mini for 49.99

I got a Mini in Dixons last month for £32 equivalent to approx €36 at the time
    Keep an eye out for deals as they crop up a few times each year

• Advertisement

Hi all,

There is a playlist on spotify called sea soundscapes that might suit the bill. You can then say " Hey Google set sleep timer for 30mins" or whatever length of time you prefer and it will go off at the set time. You can also set the sleep timer for a specific time i.e. 11pm.

Could be other playlists under the sleep section in spotify that could also suit.

Advertisement