Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

No matter what I ask in terms of audio at the moment, I am getting "Sorry, something went wrong. when you are ready, give it another try"

I'm trying things like:

- Play <radio-station> on TuneIn
    - Play <artist-name>

All of the above worked fine up to 3 days ago.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

I tired play Newstalk, Today FM, Spin 1038 and they all work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Today FM does not work for me at the moment on Google Home. Newstalk and Spotify are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Was delighted to have the free GH Mini arrive yesterday from the Nokia promotion. Considering the promo only went live in May that's insanely quick; was expecting it to roll up in a couple of months!

That said, I'm also completely unable to play music at the mo as with a previous poster. It's a reported issue on the GH Help Forum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I see Google Home speaker shipments have outstripped the Echo, according to this article.
    Now a lot of this could be the many promotions going on, but it does bode well for support and new features I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

nephster wrote: »
    Was delighted to have the free GH Mini arrive yesterday from the Nokia promotion. Considering the promo only went live in May that's insanely quick; was expecting it to roll up in a couple of months!

That said, I'm also completely unable to play music at the mo as with a previous poster. It's a reported issue on the GH Help Forum.
    What account are you trying to use it with? Spotify?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ixoy wrote: »
    I see Google Home speaker shipments have outstripped the Echo, according to this article.
    Now a lot of this could be the many promotions going on, but it does bode well for support and new features I hope.

Yes, it is good news. But what also helps greatly is that Google Assistant is now also in 100's of millions of Android phones.

That pretty much guarantees that it will continue to be developed and supported. Since most of GH is in software, that means it also benefits from those back end enhancements.

But it is good news in terms of continue to get device specific enhancements and new types of GH devices (screen's, etc.).

What account are you trying to use it with? Spotify?

Hmm, a hint from the GH forum has just proved something - it's to do with account related problems at the Google end - it's also stopping me getting into Google Assistant settings on my phone. The wife can play things but I get the "something's gone wrong" error. If she's started playing the radio, I can stop it and restart it, but not play something else.

The last few dozen posts at https://productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/googlehome/ekkeBT3dCOk detail it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Is there a way to get the Google home mini to play music/radio at a set time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the Google home mini to play music/radio at a set time?

Yip, you can set a music alarm for your favourite song, radio station etc. details here

No matter what I ask in terms of audio at the moment, I am getting "Sorry, something went wrong. when you are ready, give it another try"

I'm trying things like:

- Play <radio-station> on TuneIn
    - Play <artist-name>

All of the above worked fine up to 3 days ago.

Anyone else?

We've just been told it's to do with a corrupted location, most likely Home. If you go into your places in Google Maps, edit the Home location to something else, then delete it and readd it, you should be OK. Sorted me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

nephster wrote: »
    We've just been told it's to do with a corrupted location, most likely Home. If you go into your places in Google Maps, edit the Home location to something else, then delete it and readd it, you should be OK. Sorted me out!

Bingo. That's me sorted. Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi there,

Is there any way to use multiple voices and accounts on Google Home in Ireland do you know?

For example, if I say play something, it will play from my Spotify, but if my wife asks, it would pay from her Spotify?

I've seen it as an advertised feature, but I think it only works in America as after a lot of trying, I can't figure out how to set it up at all!

Thanks,
    BigAl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Is there any way to use multiple voices and accounts on Google Home in Ireland do you know?

For example, if I say play something, it will play from my Spotify, but if my wife asks, it would pay from her Spotify?

I've seen it as an advertised feature, but I think it only works in America as after a lot of trying, I can't figure out how to set it up at all!

Thanks,
    BigAl.

No need to be in America, just set your language to English US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

Multiple voice and accounts working well here.
    It mixes up my (twin) daughters a fair bit, but no problems for the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone know how to get Deezer set up to run on this yet? I've read that it's now available in the UK, not Ireland though it seems.

I am paying for both Spotify and Deezer, as I find Deezer a better format to use when on the road with work, but like my Google home to be able to play music too, so have a Spotify account for that.

Obviously I would like to be only paying one music sub service 9.99 a month.

Thanks.

Anyone know how to get Deezer set up to run on this yet? I've read that it's now available in the UK, not Ireland though it seems.

I am paying for both Spotify and Deezer, as I find Deezer a better format to use when on the road with work, but like my Google home to be able to play music too, so have a Spotify account for that.

Obviously I would like to be only paying one music sub service 9.99 a month.

Thanks.

Have you set yours to English UK?

Have you set yours to English UK?

As in language?

As in language?

Yes. To use UK region set your language to English UK, it doesn't use your location.

I've mine set to English USA as it opens it up to more features that aren't available here yet. The only drawback is that I get an annoying American voice.

• Advertisement

Yes. To use UK region set your language to English UK, it doesn't use your location.

I've mine set to English USA as it opens it up to more features that aren't available here yet. The only drawback is that I get an annoying American voice.

Thanks for that high horse, but doesn't look like it's doing the job for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Have mine for sale on adverts, if anyone is interested pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

What kinds of features - any that are worth that voice??
    I know about media alarms: nice to have but not worth the voice. Anything else worthwhile changing to US English from UK? (UK does not let me use Deezer yet...)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I don't see why an Irish would have a preference over either voice. They're both foreign accents.

AngelaRI wrote: »
    What kinds of features - any that are worth that voice??
    I know about media alarms: nice to have but not worth the voice. Anything else worthwhile changing to US English from UK? (UK does not let me use Deezer yet...)

For me i started using USA because it had better support for the devices I have, Logitech Harmony Remote is one, can't remember what else. Most new features are released to the USA first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Latest Bose newsletter shows that Alexa integration has been added to Bose Soundtouch speakers - I'm hoping this means that Google Assistant will follow soon...?

I've a few SoundTouch 10's about the house, but other than turning them on and off (and I thad to use Samsung SmartThings to get that far), Google Assistant can't do anything because of limited integrations allowed by Bose themselves (so I've been told). Logitech Harmony is great for any devices in line of sight of the IR sensor, but that's about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I'm finding the Home can do less than before - it'll no longer sing Happy Birthday when you ask, and I used to be to say "play my thumbs up playlist and shuffle". Now it says it "can't find a playlist called thumbs up and shuffle".
    Ignores us frequently too - lights flash, but it never responds (and I know it's heard us accurately - as it's in my Google history).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

I'm finding the Home can do less than before - it'll no longer sing Happy Birthday when you ask, and I used to be to say "play my thumbs up playlist and shuffle". Now it says it "can't find a playlist called thumbs up and shuffle". Ignores us frequently too - lights flash, but it never responds (and I know it's heard us accurately - as it's in my Google history).

Did you try restarting I had something like this happen on my three minis and a restart seemed to sort it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yeah, a few restarts. Haven't tried a factory reset yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

TodayFM is back working. Hopefully that’s the end of all the TuneIn glitches.

Advertisement