Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Is Continuing Conversation working for anyone yet? Still not working for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

RTE Radio 1 seems to be down again :( Let's hope that they fix it quickly this time now that Google Home has officially launched in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Anyone figured out why English(Ireland) is Indian yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

RTE Radio 1 working again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I picked up a google home device during week so I'm a complete newb. I have weather preferences for temperature set to degrees celsius but when I say "hey google tell me about my day" it relays weather temperature in Fahrenheit. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Guys asked thks in the spotify thread, but no answers yet.

We just acquired 2 x new Google home mini , am I right in saying that I technically need to assign a Spotify account to each one to avoid any issues?

I already have a full sized Google home in the sitting room, and there's q Spotify acc tied to it, but the minis will be going into kids bedrooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Guys asked thks in the spotify thread, but no answers yet.

We just acquired 2 x new Google home mini , am I right in saying that I technically need to assign a Spotify account to each one to avoid any issues?

I already have a full sized Google home in the sitting room, and there's q Spotify acc tied to it, but the minis will be going into kids bedrooms.

Yeah if you want them to be able to play different music simultaneously you will need different accounts fro each home or alternately use user profiles(tied to google accounts) on the homes and assign each profile a different spotify account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Nope still not for me either. Its definitely listening but no response

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Veloce wrote: »
    I picked up a google home device during week so I'm a complete newb. I have weather preferences for temperature set to degrees celsius but when I say "hey google tell me about my day" it relays weather temperature in Fahrenheit. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks

Have you set up voice match so it knows to use your preferences? What accent does it reply with, and have you tried to change that?

Is Harvey Norman the only bricks and mortar offering these in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Is Harvey Norman the only bricks and mortar offering these in Ireland?

Currys have them too

Thanks lads.

Now, I have the following set up, Google home in the sitting room.

1 x Google mini in sons room.
    1 x Google mini in daughters room.

I want them to be able to stream their own music independently of mine, but do I have to set them all up separately?

Ie, I have a Spotify account tied to the Google home in the living room.

I am going to get another 2 x Spotify accounts (from a family plan) and link them to each device.

But do these all have to be linked to my Google home account?

It's kind of confusing tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Spocker wrote: »
    Currys have them too

Dixon’s Dublin airport too

I have mine sorted....

Had me ripping my hair out, but it turns out that as it's voice tied, it takes the different voices to be able to select different music in different rooms.

Doh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

When I have language set to Ireland, and I ask the mini a question it answers in the normal English accent, when I ask it to tell a joke it answers in Indian. Very strange

eusap wrote: »
    When I have language set to Ireland, and I ask the mini a question it answers in the normal English accent, when I ask it to tell a joke it answers in Indian. Very strange

Mines doing this too from time to time.

Indian summer perhaps. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Mines doing this too from time to time.

Indian summer perhaps. :D

Mine too, its really funny!! (unlike the actual jokes)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Knightridernut

Veloce wrote: »

Thanks

The same thing happened to me when I first set mine up, but I just told her to use celsius, she confirmed what I told her and she's been doing it no problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Knightridernut

I no longer have the option for assistant voice, I have weather, getting around and continued conversation. You must lose this option when you select English Ireland

Similar happened to me yesterday evening on my phone (my GH mini is unaffected) - after selecting English (Ireland) it told me GA isn't available in Eng (Ire) yet, but when I went back in to change it to a different voice, it was all greyed out and I couldn't select/change anything on that page. (It still appears to work correctly, though, despite suggesting it might not?)

I sent off a "feedback" on the issue, so hopefully they'll resolve it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

Guys,
    New user here, loving it so far. Got a mini free with my new Nokia phone and was impressed so decided to get the full size and put the mini in the bedroom. 
    One query I have is if there is a way to setup sending email, texts and in particular Whatsapp from the GH?

• Advertisement

breeno wrote: »
    Guys,
    New user here, loving it so far. Got a mini free with my new Nokia phone and was impressed so decided to get the full size and put the mini in the bedroom. 
    One query I have is if there is a way to setup sending email, texts and in particular Whatsapp from the GH?

Not at the moment but i'm sure it will arrive at some stage. Although not sure about whatsapp

I thought I had an earlier problem solved, but apparently not.

Here goes. Have Google home in the sitting room. 2 x minis in bedrooms.

Obviously all connected to the same wifi.

I have a few devices running the Google home app, all signed in to different Google account.

I have spotify family, and each Google account has spotify linked to them.

However, playing music through one (sitting room for example) results in music stopping in another device.

It's wrecking my brain, and the only thing left to try imo is installing an actual spotify app into each of the android device on the various devices (2 x phones, and a tablet) and signing in under the various spotify accounts I have.

Anyone any prior, or heads up on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I thought I had an earlier problem solved, but apparently not.

Here goes. Have Google home in the sitting room. 2 x minis in bedrooms.

Obviously all connected to the same wifi.

I have a few devices running the Google home app, all signed in to different Google account.

I have spotify family, and each Google account has spotify linked to them.

However, playing music through one (sitting room for example) results in music stopping in another device.

It's wrecking my brain, and the only thing left to try imo is installing an actual spotify app into each of the android device on the various devices (2 x phones, and a tablet) and signing in under the various spotify accounts I have.

Anyone any prior, or heads up on this?

You have to have voice match enabled and a spotify account setup for each voice. So, i think you do need spotify on each device with a different account and then setup voice match for each account.

matrim wrote: »
    You have to have voice match enabled and a spotify account setup for each voice. So, i think you do need spotify on each device with a different account and then setup voice match for each account.

Can be the only thing left imo.

Will give it a lash when I get in this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 e1967

Have you had any luck getting this working yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Nope, doesn't even pretend to work now.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my mini's they seem to randomly become less responsive and i cant work out why. Usually a restart sorts this out but its annoying when it happens. I am signed up to the preview firmware so i might return to stock to see if it makes a difference. When they work they are amazing devices and i think they are the future in terms of home automation.

Anyone else experience this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jones wrote: »
    I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my mini's they seem to randomly become less responsive and i cant work out why. Usually a restart sorts this out but its annoying when it happens. I am signed up to the preview firmware so i might return to stock to see if it makes a difference. When they work they are amazing devices and i think they are the future in terms of home automation.

Anyone else experience this?

Issues with your wifi perhaps? I haven't noticed any issues with mine.

bk wrote:
    Issues with your wifi perhaps? I haven't noticed any issues with mine.

I don't think so or at least it's not showing on any other devices. Now don't get me wrong most of the time they work as expected I've just noticed lately I've had to repeat myself more than I did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jones wrote: »
    I don't think so or at least it's not showing on any other devices. Now don't get me wrong most of the time they work as expected I've just noticed lately I've had to repeat myself more than I did.

Dust perhaps? Been known to clog up the mic ports, maybe give it a clean.

Advertisement