Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Fishy1 wrote: »
    RTE Radio1 is back again.

I wonder how long it will last this time? :rolleyes:
    Exactly! still "tay radio 1" ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Rte radio 1 was bolloxed on TuneIn this time to, so it's not down to Google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sorry if it's been asked previously but would anyone know why "find my phone" has completely stopped working? She's spouts out "i don't understand". I have tried everything to get it working again but I must be missing something terribly simple. It works fine via Chrome on my desktop, locates the phone straight away.

Still working fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Is it possible to use motion sensors with google home so that it will automatically music/radio when you return from work? Or if not, set a reoccurring daily alarm on the google home that will play music/radio station at a set time each day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Is it possible to use motion sensors with google home so that it will automatically music/radio when you return from work? Or if not, set a reoccurring daily alarm on the google home that will play music/radio station at a set time each day?

Not sure about the motion sensors, because I’m not very technically minded! You could definitely get the music playing by saying something like “Wake me at 7pm with TodayFM”. Just specify whatever time / radio station you want. You could also do the same thing & ask it to play a specific song (once you have Spotify or whatever).

Am sure some of the experts will be able to give you more advice. I’ve picked up lots of useful tips from this thread already :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

https://www.home-assistant.io/
    https://www.home-assistant.io/demo/
    Home Assistant is not for everyone as there's a huge learning curve but if offers all this. It's a blank canvas of all your IOT devices.

I have my Hue light motion sensors sending me a notification if there's movement in the hall when the router says there's nobody home (usually means the dog has been left in and is in the hallway). I also have my camera motion detection turning on lights and could easily get my Google Home to say something or turn on the stereo (Harmony remote) and cast something (Chromecast audio).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Can't seem to work out how to connect my Home mini to my Harmony hub. Harmony isn't listed in the smart home section of the Home app.

Can't seem to work out how to connect my Home mini to my Harmony hub. Harmony isn't listed in the smart home section of the Home app.

Set your language to English UK or USA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

If you open the Home app on you phone, select explore and type in harmony. It should come up and the option to link should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

THE ALM wrote: »
    If you open the Home app on you phone, select explore and type in harmony. It should come up and the option to link should be there.

Perfect! Thanks, that worked!

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in getting the new google home hub - one with a screen just announced today.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jogdish wrote: »
    Anyone interested in getting the new google home hub - one with a screen just announced today.

Yes, been discussed in it's own thread here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057918495

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Is there a feature to broadcast to specific rooms/Googles yet? I understand this is already available on the Alexa .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Just found out by accident this evening that continuous conversation is finally working..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Anyone know if it's possible to have the GH run routines? I can turn a bunch of lights on/off already & wouldn't mind being able to set them to randomly activate if the house was going to be empty for a w/end. A search implied this was possible but I wasn't able to find a way on the Home app (the new version).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

opus wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's possible to have the GH run routines? I can turn a bunch of lights on/off already & wouldn't mind being able to set them to randomly activate if the house was going to be empty for a w/end. A search implied this was possible but I wasn't able to find a way on the Home app (the new version).

There are routines under the Services section in the settings area of the Home app. But these are a set of actions that occur based on a command, not what you describe there. What you want should be something you set up within your smart light system. Home is just a voice interface really.

There's a new charging stand for the Pixel which turns the phone into a Google Home while charging
    https://9to5google.com/2018/10/10/hands-on-google-pixel-stand-video/

Hopefully I'll be able to do this with an old Nexus I have lying about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

jones wrote: »
    Just found out by accident this evening that continuous conversation is finally working..

Anyone able to get this to work? I enabled it in the app but not working with the GH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I've had it enabled in the app for ages, and just noticed in the last few days that's it's working. Maybe it's being rolled out slowly

I've had it enabled in the app for ages, and just noticed in the last few days that's it's working. Maybe it's being rolled out slowly
    Not working for me, im on UK english if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Maybe. Mine is English US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Smart lights came on randomly at 3am this morning, scared the bejaysus out of the GF. Has this happened to anyone else? I think it might have been caused by a power outage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Smart lights came on randomly at 3am this morning, scared the bejaysus out of the GF. Has this happened to anyone else? I think it might have been caused by a power outage.

If you have a power outage Hue will automatically be turned on when the power comes back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

There are routines under the Services section in the settings area of the Home app. But these are a set of actions that occur based on a command, not what you describe there. What you want should be something you set up within your smart light system. Home is just a voice interface really.

Don't have a smart light system unfortunately, rather a random collection that includes Yeelight bulbs, a ST socket & three other random wifi sockets that the GH can control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Can Google Home work with a Climote boiler control system? I'm guessing not since I can't find anything on the net about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

matrim wrote: »
    If you have a power outage Hue will automatically be turned on when the power comes back

Sorry meant for the hue forum.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Can Google Home work with a Climote boiler control system? I'm guessing not since I can't find anything on the net about it.

I've already tread this path a few weeks ago and asked the question to Climote.

Here is their reply...
    Thanks for your email we are getting a lot of requests for both Google Home and Alexa integration. we’ve been working with Google since their summer release in Ireland and expect to have more news of climote integration with Google Home towards the end of the year

...was expecting a big fat NO if I am honest, so this is a positive imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I've already tread this path a few weeks ago and asked the question to Climote.

Here is their reply...

...was expecting a big fat NO if I am honest, so this is a positive imo

That's positive. Climote was pre-installed into my house.

Since there was no integration and a subscription fee I was planning on replacing it, but this news could change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

opus wrote: »
    Don't have a smart light system unfortunately, rather a random collection that includes Yeelight bulbs, a ST socket & three other random wifi sockets that the GH can control.

Something like If This Then That or Stringify should help you get some way to what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Any idea if/when Google Home will get continuous conversation in English UK. The English US has it but the American accent isn't going down well at home with the rest of the family.

Advertisement